Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   SSR Interviews BranFlakes (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=588271)

pwebranflakes 03-19-2013 01:00 PM

SSR Interviews BranFlakes

Subspace Radio recently interviewed me for their "I've Got a Name" segment. Listen to the recording, and read the transcript, here.

Link to the interview.

mantidd 03-19-2013 01:15 PM

OOoooo something to listen to while figuring out server configurations.

The only funny part is the interviewer's accent/slang. Makes me chuckle a little when he says you're "busier than a 1-armed coat hanger." Where is that saying from!?

PS - That music is obnoxious, someone needs to learn fading techniques and balance with their audio. =/

PPS - I'm still not clear on what the countdown entails. I check places like Massively, MMORPG, etc and nobody seems to really know. What my guess would be is that STO is making an actual expansion for the Romulans. Complete with a story, ships, new sectors and lots of smexy c-store options.

sander233 03-19-2013 01:19 PM

Excellent insight into the inner workings of BranFlakes.

I grew up in North Orange County myself. When I went to school in New Jersey I had to constantly explain to people that its nothing like the TV show. :D

Go Angels!

mantidd 03-19-2013 01:23 PM

Northern California myself, Pleasanton area with a brief stint in San Jose. I did live in Washington for 2 years in Olympia and Puyallup but the weather was a deal breaker for me and I quickly returned to California. Addicted to the sun I guess, beaches and hiking with 80% less mud! :cool:

idrona 03-19-2013 02:39 PM

Bit short but good interview.

Now I Think we should get some community thing going to get Brandon go sky diving!

PWE could perhaps sponsor it, and send someone along to video the whole thing, what do you guys Think? :D

sander233 03-19-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idrona (Post 8672091)
Bit short but good interview.

Now I Think we should get some community thing going to get Brandon go sky diving!

PWE could perhaps sponsor it, and send someone along to video the whole thing, what do you guys Think? :D

I'm pretty sure we could get some community volunteers to shove Brandon out of an airplane... :P

mantidd 03-19-2013 02:43 PM

I would insist upon him wearing a red-shirt though. At least that way if the jump fails we have an excuse.

pwebranflakes 03-19-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sander233 (Post 8672121)
I'm pretty sure we could get some community volunteers to shove Brandon out of an airplane... :P

:(

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

giarana 03-19-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 8673121)
:(

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

lol

You must have missed all this love coming your way Bran. ;)

askray 03-19-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sander233 (Post 8672121)

I'm only a few hours away now.... ;) And! I have a video camera :P