Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Advanced fleet weapons: Tetryon vs Antiproton? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=588301)

b3tazoid 03-19-2013 01:32 PM

Advanced fleet weapons: Tetryon vs Antiproton?

Hi,

I have a Mobius temporal destroyer, and my fleet just unlocked advanced fleet weapons.

I currently used 3 phased tetryon cannons, and 2 phased tetryon turrets, and a quantum with torp spread 1 and 3 and a cutting beam for hull damage.

So, my main question is: Fleet antiproton or tetryon?

I prefer the look and sound of tetryon, and like the shield stripping ability, (and trust me, I AM PEDANTIC about looks on my ship), but a few people have said I should switch to antiproton.

Someone also recommended that I use antiproton along with tetryon glider from the omega set, but I'm still only tier 2 omega, so I wouldn't be able to get the omega at a decent level for a while.

Can anyone help me, pro's and con's of both?

thepantsparty 03-19-2013 01:38 PM

All those generators, transformers, and gateways in STFs? The Tetryon proc is 100% useless against them. AP's bonus crit severity is useful against everything.

shar487a 03-19-2013 01:56 PM

The Mobius gains a Temporal Inversion ability when equipped with the Temporal Warfare Set. That set's Chroniton Dual Beam Array is Anti-proton based, so you might as well go AP.

DO NOT buy advanced fleet weapons until this upcoming Thursday 3/21... the next patch will be adding [Acc]x2[Dmg] Advanced and Elite fleet weapons.

shandypandy 03-19-2013 01:58 PM

(Cough) disruptor (cough)

dashuk2381 03-19-2013 02:50 PM

Disruptor or Anti-Proton. Disruptors benefit everyone on the teams DPS, antiproton can get some insane criticals going especially with the boost to crit chance from Tachyokinetic Converter/Zero-Point/Borg Console, or if you have all 3 of them equipped at once, even better.

I use Polaron on my Science captain with a power drain build, everything else is either disruptor or anti-proton. At end game there really is nothing better.

smokeybacon90 03-19-2013 03:01 PM

As others have said. Wait for the new patch to add the Accx2 Dmgx2 Weapons.

b3tazoid 03-19-2013 03:07 PM

Antiproton dhc accx2 dmgx2 it is then, same for turrets.

Doesn't matter about waiting till Thursday, it will take me until next Monday to have all the dil I need.

Thanks guys, you were really helpful in a short space of time :D

sirokk 03-19-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepantsparty (Post 8671071)
All those generators, transformers, and gateways in STFs? The Tetryon proc is 100% useless against them. AP's bonus crit severity is useful against everything.

True that the proc may not affect everything, like the items mentioned above are not affected by a shield stripping proc that Tetryons have.

That's just their proc. Otherwise they do as much damage as all the other energy weapons. Get Tetryons that have the same crits (CrtD) as Antiprotons and you'll have the equivalent weapon but with an proc as well.

snoggymack22 03-19-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepantsparty (Post 8671071)

There's only like 3 gateways, 6 transformers and 24 generators. And Tetryons hit unshielded targets for the same base damage so the difference is minimal.

snoggymack22 03-19-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b3tazoid (Post 8672691)
Antiproton dhc accx2 dmgx2 it is then, same for turrets.

I think you mean phasers? Not antiproton? I thought the new additions were just phasers?