Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Horrible bug LOST MY DEFLECTOR (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=588981)

bassieb 03-20-2013 10:57 AM

Horrible bug LOST MY DEFLECTOR

Today I finally got all the dillithium/borg neural processors together for the MKXII borg set. I go to equip my deflector...... double click it AND NOTHING HAPPENDS. The deflector dissapears, but on my ship it still shows the jem'hadar deflector.
I can't find the borg deflector in my inventory and I can't retrieve it either (so I havent deleted it by accident!)

This is a horrible bug, since I spend A LOT of time getting that set together and now it feels like I wasted a few days. If I do not get that part back, I will quit the game!

Relogged and still not there, send a ticket PLEASE FIX THIS!

pwebranflakes 03-20-2013 11:06 AM

Have you checked to see if it is on your shuttle? :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

bassieb 03-20-2013 11:08 AM

Checked the shuttle, not there. Also the other MK XII borg stuff did equip correctly.

lordmalak1 03-20-2013 11:10 AM

If you had your bank tab open in the background it would've went into your bank.

hatepwe 03-20-2013 12:10 PM

You probably sold it by accident.

Never log out if you see something disappear. Always check your Recycle tab

tsurutafan01 03-20-2013 12:24 PM

I'm going with "check your bank".

Double clicking can't sell something on it's own. It's not possible. You'd get a pop up "Are you sure you want to discard Insert Item X? Blah blah blah".

stardestroyer001 03-20-2013 01:37 PM

I agree, it must have went into your bank or Fleet Bank, or possibly the mail if you were at a mail terminal.

monkeybone13 03-20-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 (Post 8686381)
I agree, it must have went into your bank or Fleet Bank, or possibly the mail if you were at a mail terminal.

The OP's item is a bind to character on pickup item. It can only be placed in his personal character bank. Can't place it in mail, fleet bank, or account bank.

Double clicking an item will either place it in your bank if it's open, equip it, or use it if it's a consumable that can be used from your inventory such as a fleet credit bonus pool item. In order to discard an item you have to right click it and select the Discard option. Left clicking won't discard it by accident.

It's possible if you have a NPC vendor window open with the Sell tab selected, double clicking would sell the item. Never tried it though. If the OP sold it to a vendor by mistake and logged out, it's gone. Once you log out you can't buy back anything you've sold to a vendor.

Edit: And tsurutafan01 is correct. When you discard an item from your inventory you are always asked if you're sure you want to discard it.

nelson2014 03-20-2013 02:08 PM

Yea check your bank.

ddesjardins 03-20-2013 03:00 PM

Check your bank, as it's bound to the character the only other way to lose it is to discard the item or to sell it.

In my early days as a player, there was many an Item I've recycled or sold to a vendor not thinking of its value. "purple color stuff? I hate the color purple, sell to ferengi"

Yeah, losing stuff by accident sucks. Losing it cause I was stupid is worse.