PVP Tournament without the BS
Please can the participants read this
For your information, Regulus & Sargon will be here to help in any way or take over if life throws those unexpected curve balls at me! - Thanks as always guys, much appreciated.
This is nothing to do with Pandas - I repeat nothing to do with Pandas ;)
Based on what i've seen on the PVP forum so far, Mini's survey, Novalus' suggestions, CSI 's & TFS's lead, and also trying not to fall into the same pitfalls sadly the mentioned fleets / people fell into, I want to host a Space PVP tournament for all in and out of the PVP community.
I am going to keep the rules simple.
01. Have fun - Most important
02. No siphon drones and danubes (Not fun and skillfull)
03. No more than 3 of the same captains or ship types
04. No Boarding Parties (Broken)
05. No Dkora EMP burst (Broken)
06. No scramble sensors with the DOFFs (Without DOFFs no issue)
07. No Grav Pulse (AOE 50 second hold not fun)
08. Once you are in 1 team an have played, you cannot move to another
09. Temporal Inversion not allowed
10. Tachyon Mines
Reward: Knowing you are the victor and vast amounts of fun.
All I'm gonna ask for is put your team down
Rules may and will change based on the latest screw up by STO :0
There is not going to be a debate of any description
All I will say is I will be extremely fair
Please Put down your name / Fleet / Team in this thread and nothing else.
If you dont like the rules, please don't derail the thread and you dont need to participate if you dont like the rules.
Thanks in advance and remember, we are here to have fun. Forget the bad blood of the past and aim for the fun PVP bit which we are all looking for.
Time & location finalised:
The tournament will be held on 6th April 2013 - Time 9pm GMT
The Teamspeak Server will be the Boot camp server (Thanks goes out to Pheo - Again)
Use this link to calculate your local time (Thanks to Sargon)
A big thank you goes to CSI fleet for combining their previous efforts into this tournament. Thank you.
Pandas will be putting a team into the tournament, however, the names you guys recognise as "Old School" Pandas will be there to make up team member counts for other people and fleets who are struggling to get a full team together on the day.
Teams so far:
01. Team Hussar Guardian Forces - Captain: @kolln
02. Team DarkFrontiers - Captain: @drkfrontiers
03. Team Havam - Captain: @havam
04. Team Sargon
05. Team New Breed Sad Pandas ;)
06. Team Apocalypse 1
07. Team Galactic Privateer Syndiacate - Captain: @kbls
08. Team Inner Circle 1 - Captain: @ilhansk
09. Team 1st Column
10. Team davidfloresii (Dependant on timing)
11. Team FES
12. Team Ad Infinitum
13. Team RE
14. Team Omega-Flotte
15. Team Regulus - Captain: @aquitaine985
16. Team -X- - Captain: @nixtux
17. Team HBO - Captain: @nebulgamnezar
18. Team Inner Circle 2 - Captain: @ilhansk
19. Team CSI - Captain: @Joker1374
20. Team Explorers Fury - Captain: @stardestroyer001
If you want to participate, but don't have a team, don't worry. This thread helps you find a team. (Thanks to DarkFrontiers)
Please note: Once the goal of 20 confirmed teams is reached, team registration will end
If it was "just for fun" why does it need any restrictions?
Soooo 3 Eng/Oddy 2 Sci/Recluse Extend circlejerk? Yay! :D
Fully rainbow turret-ed out, of course.
If i am in it for fun, i dont care what you use... if theres really no goal then i dont have a vested interest in restricted anything.
If this is for fun, there wouldn't be any rules. People just want to win, and not PvP for fun. I.E., these rules. Boarding party is not broken, for your information.
I think not.
Restricting the anti fun is logical.
Are you really saying you would like to use anything on Nazs list ?
Why even bother with any restrictions whatsoever? If everyone wants to ride carriers, let them ride carriers; they want oddys, they'll use oddys; etc. Seriously, you're just in it for winning period and while my brain tries to rack-up a decent response, I'll let the late George Carlin say it for me.
2. No siphons drones and danubes (Not fun and skillfull)
Never faced them, dont know how bad it can be, but im having fun with my friends so have no opinion.
3. No more than 3 of the same captains or ships
I enjoy my fleet defiant, my bug ship, my dreadnaught carrier and several other ships so this doesnt phase me that much. Any of my ships will perform well.
4. No Boarding Parties (Broken)
Dont think this is actually broken and can be easily removed with tac teams.
5. No Dkora EMP burst (Broken)
Ive never seen this do anything other than look pretty... meh
6. No scramble sensors with the DOFFs (Without DOFFs no issue)
7. No Grav Pulse (AOE 50 second hold not fun)
grav pulse, referring to gravity well? I can counter this, in about 3 different ways.
Grav pulse is similarly countered, in multiple ways.
8. Once you are in 1 team, you cannot move to another
This i understand.
Also, if your trying to remove annoyances, or OP stuff... I see nothing about no plasma builds, or romulan builds, or clusters, transphasics or any of the other OP annoying crap that can pop up.
B'rel + Subterfuge is okay?
That doesn't sound like fun....
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:02 AM.|