Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (
-   Federation Gameplay (
-   -   Bridge Officers for a Science Vessel? (

prayerwarrior1 03-21-2013 06:28 AM

Bridge Officers for a Science Vessel?
Hey all, was just curious, what sort of skills should I have my science officers, tactical officer and engineering officer take? Right now I am using just a ton of beams for broadside attacks in PvE. This science character is still just a Lt/Cdr but I am trying to research everything I can about it. Thanks ahead of time for the input!

paxfederatica 03-23-2013 07:10 AM

If your ship has lots of beams I'd definitely go with Beam Overload and Beam Fire At Will for Tactical skills. I'd also consider Directed Energy Modulation as an Engineering skill, and maybe Emergency Power to Weapons too. You could even keybind EPtW together with one of the other skills for an even more powerful attack.

As for Sci skills, that depends on what sorts of things you want your Sci vessel to do. For example, one of my Sci vessels is specialized to drain power from enemy ships and disable subsystems, so I have it fitted with polaron beams and have BOffs with Sci skills like Energy Siphon and Tyken's Rift.

Of course, it's also a good idea to get some deflectors, devices, consoles and DOffs that enhance those abilities even further.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:04 PM.