Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Autofire desynchronized (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=590721)

nighttaxus 03-21-2013 01:42 PM

Autofire desynchronized

Hi,

so I'm trying to use the autofire. I've got 4 dual heavy cannons and 1 dual beam bank.
If I don't use the autofire I'm just hitting spacebar but there is always one weapon that do not fire. (well at least the cool down is not triggering on it so I assumed it's not firing) .

So I tried the autofire system, but instead of doing "Burst > regen weapon power cycle > burst etc.." after the first burst it desynchronizes and I've got 2 weapons firing, then 2 other etc...

So my weapon power is never maxed :/

Any suggestion ?

eisaakaz 03-21-2013 08:53 PM

Depending on what keyboard you have the easiest thing to do is set up a macro that has a .5 to 1.5 pause between each beam fire.

I am willing to bet since the 5 forward weapons is a new feature and seeing how poorly Cryptic handled the Andorian build in the first place, I doubt that the space bar all fire knows to check for five weapon slots. It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Eisaak

akurie666 03-21-2013 09:06 PM

Try replacing one of those heavy cannons with a regular dual cannon. The cool downs of the weapons may not allow for so many to be active at once.

nighttaxus 03-21-2013 09:43 PM

Well I don't have a keyboard for that... but thanks to answer .

akurie666 - I spent a lot of dili and fleet credits for those cannons ... but I'll think about it :p

yargomesh 03-21-2013 11:34 PM

First, make sure you've pulled all your weapons on to the ability tray (each weapon counts as a seperate ability) and that they are all surrounded by a green border; that means they're autofire enabled.

You'll experience some desynchronization since the cannons and the beam array have different firing times. Or it might be the weird Dual Heavy Cannon bug where sometimes one just doesn't want to fire with all the others.

eisaakaz 03-22-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yargomesh (Post 8739211)
First, make sure you've pulled all your weapons on to the ability tray (each weapon counts as a seperate ability) and that they are all surrounded by a green border; that means they're autofire enabled.

You'll experience some desynchronization since the cannons and the beam array have different firing times. Or it might be the weird Dual Heavy Cannon bug where sometimes one just doesn't want to fire with all the others.

ummm you can right click on each weapon in the weapon tray (the default tray where they already sit) and it puts a green autofire border around them as well.

No need to take up important tray slots.

Eisaak

smokeybacon90 03-22-2013 02:55 AM

An alternative is to download or make your own keybind macro. I use one which binds all abilities in rows 7 and 8 to the spacebar, then you could drag the weapons into one of those rows, as long as they are not already on autofire.

millimidget 03-22-2013 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eisaakaz (Post 8740421)
No need to take up important tray slots.

There are ten hotbars; you don't need to put them on any of the ones which have default keybinds.

At least, that's what I've done, because for some reason the weapon and boff abilities keep migrating to the hotbars on their own every so often when I don't bother to bind them.

eisaakaz 03-22-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millimidget (Post 8743141)
There are ten hotbars; you don't need to put them on any of the ones which have default keybinds.

At least, that's what I've done, because for some reason the weapon and boff abilities keep migrating to the hotbars on their own every so often when I don't bother to bind them.

I have 15 hotbars myself and all 15 are taken up with Captain/console abilities. On most of my ships I have to use another 5 for incidentals, like fireworks, diplomatic immunity, and sector space speed boost.

But I do watch a ton of really dumb youtube videos that show all kinds of jacked up setups.

Eisaak

lordmalak1 03-22-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eisaakaz (Post 8736301)
Depending on what keyboard you have the easiest thing to do is set up a macro that has a .5 to 1.5 pause between each beam fire.

I am willing to bet since the 5 forward weapons is a new feature and seeing how poorly Cryptic handled the Andorian build in the first place, I doubt that the space bar all fire knows to check for five weapon slots. It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Eisaak

Hmmm, can a macro with pauses be setup in the bind file, or run externally in the OS via software ? My keyboard isn't programmable.