Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Chimera Heavy Destroyer Build (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=591141)

vulcanmonk 03-21-2013 06:59 PM

Chimera Heavy Destroyer Build
 
Greetings Starfleet Shipwrights,

I am a Science Captain, flying a Chimera Heavy Destroyer, and I am trying to improve my build. This is what I'm currently using:

GEAR:

Fore
Fleet Advanced Dual Heavy Phaser Cannon MkXII (Dmg)x3 (acc) x3
Fleet Advanced Photon Torpedos MkXII (Dmg)x3 (acc) x1

Aft
Fleet Advanced Phaser Turret MkXII (Dmg)x3 (acc) x3

Deflector
MACO Adapted Mk XII
Impulse
MACO Adapted Mk XII
Shields
MACO Adapted Mk XII

Engineering Consoles
Neutronium Alloy Mk XII x3
Science Consoles
Field Generator MK XII x2
Tactical Consoles
Universal Dynamic Tactical, Phaser Relay Mk XII x3

BOFFS:
Lt Cmd Uni (tac)
Torpedo Spread I
Attack Pattern Beta I
Cannon Rapid Fire II

Ensign Uni (sci)
Hazard Emitters I

Cmd (tac)
Tactical Team I
Attack Pattern Beta I
Torpedo Overload III
Cannon Rapid Fire III

Lt (eng)
Em Power to Shields I
Em Power to Shields II

Lt (sci)
Hazard Emitters I
Sci Team II

DOFFS :
Developmental Lab Scientist (very Rare) X2
Projectile weapons Officer (very rare) x2
Space warfare specialist for STFs or Conn Officer


I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

toneyboy 03-22-2013 08:27 AM

Hello Vulcanmonk !

Your build looks solid, except on a small detail. From lots of parsing in my chimera, i've found that you gain more than you loose by putting that Universal console (dynamic targetting) into either sci or eng slot (i prefer removing a shield cap console over the neutronium one), and then adding another phaser relay console in tac.

Another good move would be to put your torp in the back in lieu of a turret, and add another dual heavy in the front.

You would also get more crits (and more DPS) by swapping one of those neutronium alloy for the Adapted Borg Module (universal).


Hope this helps, and good hunting !

bugspatteredjack 03-22-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toneyboy (Post 8747271)
Hello Vulcanmonk !

Your build looks solid, except on a small detail. From lots of parsing in my chimera, i've found that you gain more than you loose by putting that Universal console (dynamic targetting) into either sci or eng slot (i prefer removing a shield cap console over the neutronium one), and then adding another phaser relay console in tac.

Another good move would be to put your torp in the back in lieu of a turret, and add another dual heavy in the front.

You would also get more crits (and more DPS) by swapping one of those neutronium alloy for the Adapted Borg Module (universal).


Hope this helps, and good hunting !

I second this... how do the two of you like your chimera? Is it on par, say with a Temporal Destroyer? With all the goodies Cryptic is bringing us in May I am thinking of going lifer once its on sale again and like the idea of the Chimera personally. Thanks.:)

quintaris 03-22-2013 11:40 AM

I did some PVP with my fleet in a Chimera and found it to be very squishy...we even had a discussion afterwards wondering why it was so squishy.

Switching to a Fleet Defiant worked much better, with the same equipment.

I'm in a temporal destroyer right now, but haven't had a chance to test it out with my fleeties yet.

wildweasal 03-22-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quintaris (Post 8751191)
I did some PVP with my fleet in a Chimera and found it to be very squishy...we even had a discussion afterwards wondering why it was so squishy.

Switching to a Fleet Defiant worked much better, with the same equipment.

I'm in a temporal destroyer right now, but haven't had a chance to test it out with my fleeties yet.

I have one as well but I don't find it that squishy but then im a eng and that uni I stuff with a eng I do a ton les damage but I livea lot lot longer

thegreendragoon1 03-23-2013 05:27 PM

I greatly enjoy my chimera on my engineer. I tend to build it more defensivly than others. The key to the chimera is its versatility. It can be built very differently. I personally build with Cmd. Tac, Lt.Cmd. Sci, Lt. Sci, Lt. Eng, Ens. Eng. The transformation console also offers a nice boost to shields or weapons accuracy.

vulcanmonk 03-28-2013 08:02 AM

Update based on feedback
 
Thanks for the feedback!

I really like the Chimera; yes it can be a bit squishy as one poster wrote, and it doesn't have the power of the Andorian Kumari, but overall I like the package it offers, respectable firepower, and well rounded defensive abilities.

So based on comments and some experimentation I decided to make this a full cannon build, the reason being, 1) it seems to allows maximum DPS benefit from consoles and 2) this new build will be a bit 'tank-ier' with a new BOFF layout. This is what I'm using now...

GEAR:
Fore Weapons
Fleet Advanced Dual Heavy Phaser Cannon MkXII (Dmg)x3 (acc) (4)

Aft Weapons
Fleet Advanced Phaser Turret MkXII (Dmg)x3 (acc) (3)

Deflector MACO Adapted Mk XII
Impulse MACO Adapted Mk XII
Shields MACO Adapted Mk XII

Engineering Consoles
Neutronium Alloy Mk XII (Very Rare) (2)
Universal Dynamic Tactical
Science Consoles
Field Generator MK XII (very Rare) (2)
Tactical Consoles
Phaser Relay Mk XII (Very Rare) (4)

BOFFS:
Lt Cmd Uni(sci) -
Hazard Emitters I
Hazard EMitters II
Science Team III

Ensign Uni (sci) -

Polarize Hull I

Cmd (tac) -
Tactical Team I
Attack Pattern Beta I
Cannon Rapid Fire II
Cannon Rapid Fire III

Lt (eng) -
Emergency Power to Weapons I
Emergency Power to weapons II

Lt (sci) -
Transfer Shield Strength I
Transfer Shield Strength II


DOFFS :
Developmental Lab Scientist (2)
Conn Officer (2)
Spare warfare specialist for STFs


Planned updates. Waiting on our fleet weapons with acc x2. Also need to open more boxes to get the energy weapons officers who lower recharges on cannon abilities. Anybody using those Energy Weapons DOFFS?

bugspatteredjack 03-28-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vulcanmonk (Post 8859271)
Thanks for the feedback!

I really like the Chimera; yes it can be a bit squishy as one poster wrote, and it doesn't have the power of the Andorian Kumari, but overall I like the package it offers, respectable firepower, and well rounded defensive abilities.

GEAR:
Fore Weapons
Fleet Advanced Dual Heavy Phaser Cannon MkXII (Dmg)x3 (acc) x4

Aft Weapons
Fleet Advanced Phaser Turret MkXII (Dmg)x3 (acc) x3

Planned updates. Waiting on our fleet weapons with acc x2. Also need to open more boxes to get the energy weapons officers who lower recharges on cannon abilities. Anybody using those Energy Weapons DOFFS?

Thanks to everyone for their opinion of this ship. Have been thinking about for a while now as really, as much as I enjoy the Mobius and the Breen ship, Ive wanted something more in the feeling of a Fed cruiser/escort so this obviously fits the bill.

One thing I am confused about though, you say that you have:

Fleet Advanced Dual Heavy Phaser Cannon MkXII (Dmg)x3 (acc) x4 & Fleet Advanced Phaser Turret MkXII (Dmg)x3 (acc) x3 yet you state you are waiting for fleet weapons with acc X2?! Why would you downgrade in ACC?!? Also, I wasn't aware that you could get fleet weapons with ACC x 4 and 4?

Sorry if I am not understanding something here. Either way, looks like a fun build. Well done! :)

lan451 03-28-2013 08:25 AM

It's the way he wrote it that looks off. What he means is that he currently has 4 Fleet Advanced Dual Heavy Phaser Cannon MkXII (Dmg)x3 (acc) up front and 3 Fleet Advanced Phaser Turret MkXII (Dmg)x3 (acc) in the back. They don't have dmgx3 AND accx4. He's waiting for the new fleet weapons that have accx2 on it.

vulcanmonk 03-28-2013 08:39 AM

Hi bugspatteredjack,

Yes as Lan451 said it's a formatting issue. I will edit. I think you'll be happy with the Chimera, many others have said that it is not worth to get the lifetime only for this ship, but I did, and I'm happy with it. The 500 zen a month is also nice :)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:00 AM.