Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Where to get the Romulus expanison pack? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=591731)

lady0mystery 03-22-2013 09:37 AM

Where to get the Romulus expanison pack?

Because to be honest I'm a little confused as to where to get it and stuff. or do we have to wait for it to be updated to the game?

lordmalak1 03-22-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lady0mystery (Post 8748591)

Because to be honest I'm a little confused as to where to get it and stuff. or do we have to wait for it to be updated to the game?

It comes from the calendar on the tab labelled 'MAY'.
:cool:

cdiederichs 03-22-2013 09:40 AM

May 29th, I think. It'll just show up as a normal automatic patch to the game much like previous "Season" updates.

lady0mystery 03-22-2013 10:05 AM

They should say it arrives on may 29th, not may 21 then. =P

hevach 03-22-2013 10:13 AM

It's the 21st, I think the above poster was just mistaken, nothing's been said to contradict the release date on the site (though it is a Tuesday, nearly every major patch to date has been a Thursday).

Just keep in mind that is May 21, this is only March. There's two months left. Though at least parts of it are likely to be available on a test server in the next couple weeks, it won't be a complete experience right away, and anything you do there won't carry over once it goes live in May.

gavinruneblade 03-25-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hevach (Post 8749411)
It's the 21st, I think the above poster was just mistaken, nothing's been said to contradict the release date on the site (though it is a Tuesday, nearly every major patch to date has been a Thursday).

Just keep in mind that is May 21, this is only March. There's two months left. Though at least parts of it are likely to be available on a test server in the next couple weeks, it won't be a complete experience right away, and anything you do there won't carry over once it goes live in May.

One potential exception: Might get a new tribble for participating on the test server.

voyagerfan9751 03-25-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavinruneblade (Post 8811011)
One potential exception: Might get a new tribble for participating on the test server.

I think a tribble that gives Tholian Marks (or whatever they are going to call them) is all but certain.

hevach 03-25-2013 05:41 PM

Also as an outside chance that, considering the scale, they might have additional rewards like season 5 did, possibly level gated rewards for leveling up or doing certain things with a romulan.

voyagerfan9751 03-25-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hevach (Post 8811561)
Also as an outside chance that, considering the scale, they might have additional rewards like season 5 did, possibly level gated rewards for leveling up or doing certain things with a romulan.

This is the only thing that worries me. I don't know about everyone else, but I plan to create a Romulan as soon as this hits Tribble (or is it Redshirt?). I would hate to put in all that work and then find out that when the Tribble weekend hits I have to level him up during that time or I get no credit. :(

hevach 03-25-2013 05:58 PM

That's not how season 5's extended rewards worked. It had something for a narrower weekend event, but everything else (doffs for hitting certain commendation levels, various bonuses for leveling up) wasn't time limited. They took a snapshot of the database a day or two before the patch went to holodeck to check for eligibility.