Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Duty Officer System and R&D (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=251)
-   -   File interdisciplinary Report (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=591801)

allocater 03-22-2013 10:20 AM

File interdisciplinary Report

To encourage balanced gameplay (and not just military/espionage) the Fleet Starbase should have a new Report Option:

File interdisciplinary Report:
-1000 Diplomacy/Marauding CXP
-1000 Science CXP
-1000 Engineering CXP
-1000 Military CXP
-1000 Exploration CXP
-1000 Espionage CXP
-1000 Medical CXP
-1000 Colonial CXP
-1000 Trade CXP
-1000 Development CXP
Reward:
+150 Fleet Marks

fllyraen 03-22-2013 10:40 AM

I think it's a good idea, though for balance it'd probably require 1000 Recruitment CXP and have the reward dropped to 100/125.

interestedguy 03-23-2013 04:29 AM

I think this is a great idea.

markhawkman 03-23-2013 08:13 AM

I'd use this even less often than I use the others.

Why? my chars have very uneven CxP levels. NONE of my chars has gotten to teir 4 in all of the fields.

interestedguy 03-23-2013 08:57 AM

That is the whole idea. If you up your cxp levels in a well rounded manner, you are rewarded by getting extra fleet marks.

bluegeek 03-25-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by interestedguy (Post 8767121)
That is the whole idea. If you up your cxp levels in a well rounded manner, you are rewarded by getting extra fleet marks.

And out of curiosity, how effectively are you able to earn CXP in a well rounded manner?

Ever since they took away the free doff grinder, Recruitment XP has been difficult to come by and I'm nowhere near Tier 4 on any character. That's just one example.

I'm not against the idea, but I suspect that it's only of use for a limited set of players. Whereas anyone who's been playing for any length of time probably has at least one category over 100,000 CXP and possibly more.

doffingcomrade 03-26-2013 07:36 AM

I can't see why such a thing would really exist. The very concept describes a badly written report, since it can't stay on topic. Any professor would give you an F for that.

spaldynz83 04-01-2013 06:35 PM

What if instead of one big report you added an array of commendation assignments that drew from two pools of commendation XP rather than the lot.

For example, something like:

Submit Plan on Combined Operation to Forestall <enemy> Aggression (Military/Espionage)
Draft Speculative Paper on High Energy Materials Analysis (Science/Engineering)

And so forth.

They could be integrated into the commendation console via a tree structure similar to the duty officers actually in the interior of the player vessel (I'm thinking the Engineering officer), or (perhaps more controversially) through the existing (unlockable) assignment officers on the fleet starbase.

It could also be an opportunity to introduce more Very Rare (or perhaps introducing Unique?) DOFFs on a crit as a response to a good commendation proposal further down the track. I think this could make the commendation side of things feel a bit more like liaising with Starfleet Command at a high level as well.

I kind of like the idea of an interdisciplinary commendation report, but agree that requiring all of the CXP for one project could be a bit on the nose.

fraghul2000 04-04-2013 04:24 AM

Quote:

Ever since they took away the free doff grinder, Recruitment XP has been difficult to come by and I'm nowhere near Tier 4 on any character. That's just one example.
But wouldn't you benefit from it if you had slow progression on one (or more) commendations? Instead of waiting for weeks or months for the slow-growing commendations to reach 110k, you could turn them in after a shorter period.

f2pdrakron 04-04-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fraghul2000 (Post 9022681)
But wouldn't you benefit from it if you had slow progression on one (or more) commendations? Instead of waiting for weeks or months for the slow-growing commendations to reach 110k, you could turn them in after a shorter period.

Because its capped at 100,000 and THAT being the absolute minimum to were you are send when you lose CXP.

After the Rank 4 it doesnt matter how much CXP you gain because there is no rank 5, making the machine to eat from all categories would make the machine USELESS because its ALWAYS going to be 100,000 plus whatever it eats at the end.

No system makes you have LESS XP that your level requirement, when that did happen guess what? you dropped a level and they arent going to open that can of worms because someone apparently wants to have 120 Fleet Marks every 8 hours.