Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Reguarding new fleet weapons/Quad cannons (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=591881)

jtoney3448 03-22-2013 01:07 PM

Reguarding new fleet weapons/Quad cannons

Since fleet weapons got added with Acc x2 because anything less then Acc x2 is pretty much a nonfactor in pvp. Can we please get access to Quad cannons and Andorian wing cannons in the fleet store with Acc x2 Dmg x2?

Im sure a lot of us who have the sau paulo/bop/andorian ship would love these weapons added with more useable mods. And it adds a perfect chance to add Quad versions of each energy type antiproton/plasma etc even a blue andorian phaser version. Especially with the new romulan faction coming adding a plasma version would save you time.

They can be locked the same way the andorian fleet weapons are. So that you have to own the ships to buy the fleet versions, in the case of andorian quads youd have to own both ships. It would lead more people to pick up these ships and thus make you $ cryptic as well as make those who already own it happy.

Would also be a good idea to add the hybrid type of weapons like phased tetryon as well. Their ultra rare should just be Acc x2 Dmg x1 since they have 2 procs.

Win Win.

wildweasal 03-22-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtoney3448 (Post 8751851)
Since fleet weapons got added with Acc x2 because anything less then Acc x2 is pretty much a nonfactor in pvp. Can we please get access to Quad cannons and Andorian wing cannons in the fleet store with Acc x2 Dmg x2?

Im sure a lot of us who have the sau paulo/bop/andorian ship would love these weapons added with more useable mods. And it adds a perfect chance to add Quad versions of each energy type antiproton/plasma etc even a blue andorian phaser version. Especially with the new romulan faction coming adding a plasma version would save you time.

They can be locked the same way the andorian fleet weapons are. So that you have to own the ships to buy the fleet versions. It would lead more people to pick up these ships and thus make you $ cryptic as well as make those who already own it happy.

Win Win.

^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^

nabuboria 03-22-2013 02:56 PM

And while that happens, can we have similar (but slightly worse) craft-able options. :cool:

transam83 03-22-2013 03:15 PM

So the ACC mod is pretty much not needed for PVE? Ive always ran maxed Targeting Systems in PVE with wep mods like +2 crit chance and +20 crit severity..never ACC

jtoney3448 03-22-2013 05:02 PM

any acc over targets defense is converted into crith. So its just as good for pve.

f2pdrakron 03-22-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtoney3448 (Post 8757741)
any acc over targets defense is converted into crith. So its just as good for pve.

True, [Dmg] is the lest useful of the mods with the only advantage being you always do slight more damage but pales with the others.

But in relation to Zen Store items ... no, they are perhaps not as good but thats the point and adding Quads to the Fleet Store would invalidate those weapons, the Andorian Phasers are there because the only markless weapon is the Wing Cannons (that are [Dmg]x4 BTW) as the weapons that come with it as common Mk X weapons, they were added to allow players to upgrade their weapons and maintain their visuals.

No markless weapons would be in the Store, they scale and and have 4 mods ... perhaps you dont like the mods I dont want this being open as a precedent.

jtoney3448 03-22-2013 05:33 PM

Notice where i said youd have to own the ships to get the fleet versions. Yes the cstore ones scale, but at rendered near useless at endgame by lack of decent mods. DMG x4 is useless when they miss, have lower chance to crit, have barely more dmg then a DHC.

I find the wing cannons still semi-useful due to their normal shot doing big dmg if it lands, but quads just arent worth it. Anything a DMG x4 weapon can do a DHC with Acc x2 Dmg x2 can do better. Allowing those who bought the ships to buy fleet versions with better mods and stats making them equal to the other fleet weapons is a serious no brainer.

You increase weapon selection, you increase weapon energy type variation, cryptic makes more $ which helps the game, players who bought these ships can enjoy using the weapons that are supposed to be part of the ship. Tell me where is the real negative here? Im not asking to make them more powerful then a DHC just onpar. Fact is without Fleet versions other weapons would be left behind.

Quads/Wing are just an example of that. Cryptic invalidated them from the start by making them dmg x4 in a game where acc is important.

f2pdrakron 03-22-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtoney3448 (Post 8758171)
Notice where i said youd have to own the ships to get the fleet versions.

And?

With the Fleet versions unless you are "Fleetless" you are not going to buy the Dilithium Store ones because they are inferior, plain and simple.

People dont buy the Sao Paulo or Norgh Refit for the skin, you buy them because of the weapons ... remove then as "Store Access" and you have a lot of angry people asking WHY they have to pay TWICE for it.

Quote:

Yes the cstore ones scale, but at rendered near useless at endgame by lack of decent mods. DMG x4 is useless when they miss, have lower chance to crit, have barely more dmg then a DHC.
So what? its a free weapon and yes ... its inferior in order to not be P2W that was the whole point of keeping then less that Mk XII purple.

Add then to the Fleet Store and now its P2P so you can P2W ... because you would have a superior weapon because you payed for it.

Quote:

I find the wing cannons still useful due to their normal shot doing big dmg if it lands, but quads just arent worth it. Allowing those who bought the ships to buy fleet versions with better mods and stats making them equal to the other fleet weapons is a serious no brainer.
Irrelevant.

Wing Cannons are markless, all Zen Store weapons are markess and have NO PLACE on the Fleet Store.

Doing so would create a gap, ones that P2W and the ones that dont ... right now you can get anything that is "end game" without having to buy anything at all, this is why Fleet Modules are not BoP and can be sold, anyone can get a Fleet Ship without spending Zen.

Yet you want to do EXACTLY that.

Quote:

You increase weapon selection, you increase weapon energy type variation, cryptic makes more $ which helps the game, players who bought these ships can enjoy using the weapons that are supposed to be part of the ship. Tell me where is the real negative here? Im not asking to make them more powerful then a DHC just onpar. Fact is without Fleet versions other weapons would be left behind.
Because they are PAY weapons, they HAVE to be left behind or this became P2W.

This is the negative ... you are fine with it but I already read people asking for the Spiral Wave Disruptor to have a Fleet version.

Let me remind you want a Spiral Wave Disruptor does.

Its a MARKLESS beam array with [Acc]x2 and [Dmg]x2 that have 2 procs, phaser and disruptor.

I ... feel ... rather ... angry when I read people asking a Fleet version of this weapon, apparently having a 4 mods and 2 procs is not enough, I see the same being asked of lock box weapon hybrids also leading to my blood pressure rising up.

Quote:

Quads/Wing are just an example of that. Cryptic invalidated them from the start by making them dmg x4 in a game where acc is important.
No, they are a example of NOT being P2W and you are asking just that under the reasoning of "increase weapon selection" and "you increase weapon energy type variation" that a load of bull, these are specific thematic weapons not meant to be the end all.

You are asking then to be the end all.

I might as well ask a "I win" button console that explodes the target, Cryptic would sell it for 20,000 Zen.

voxinvictus 03-22-2013 06:55 PM

Sure, let's make fleet versions of every single C-store console and every single C-store weapon.

Or, you know, just realize that the Khumari already has 5 forward weapon mounts and 5 tactical consoles, so even with the normal fleet weapons it will still be amazingly powerful as is.

jtoney3448 03-22-2013 07:54 PM

I actually use my sau paulo skin. Its a nice design. And keep in mind the Sau is a captain level ship, you would use quad cannons up to VA. You cant use fleet weapons until your VA as they are all MK12.

Making a fleet version of these weapons doesnt make them P2W, it does if you make them OP. But i didnt ask to make them OP i asked to make them useful, that completely different. And i said make them Acc x2 Dmg x2. Not Acc x2 DMG x2 + DMG x4 that would be stupid. And quad cannons arent superior to regular DHC of same mk and quality they are simply different visual with slightly more dmg with worse mods.

Im not asking for a markless version of wing cannons im asking for a Fleet version of them aka non scaling MK12 ultra violet quality weapons. Since i didnt say make em OP there is no power gap between these and any other cannon. Why? Cause its same has having a mk 12 fleet weapon just different effects and energy types.

Even if they are pay weapons they dont have to be left behind, keeping them up to par doesnt make them P2W nor pay for power. They have advantages and disadvantages to using them like -10 to engine power on quad cannons, and the Wing cannon losing dmg when in CRF mode.

And as i said when i talked about the hybrid weapons having ultra rare i said make them have only 3 mods. A fleet version of the galor array for instance would be Acc x2 dmg x1 and i see no problem with that as elite weapons have 2 procs. Having 2 procs isnt as big of deal if your sacing a mod for it.

Even if Wing cannons and quad cannons came with Acc x2 dmg x2 on them in the scaling version they wouldnt be P2W. Their dmg would still be less then a fleet version weapon. And you can join a fleet to get gear and leave after you dont have to stay in a fleet. And before you tell me you dont want to, i didnt design the starbase system save your hissy fit for a dev on that.

I didnt ask for them to be end all be all uber weapons, i asked to be made useful for endgame content. And that as fleet weapons they would be with the correct mods. Customization and more options are the life blood of MMO's making your character yours.

If you think asking for on par fleet versions of Quad cannons and Wing cannons is asking for an I Win button you and i have a very different view on what it takes to instantly win.