Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   A lot of STO players appear to be pack rats... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=593131)

lonnehart 03-23-2013 10:55 PM

A lot of STO players appear to be pack rats...

I've noticed this in the STO videoes I've seen on Youtube. Some players have full character slots. They have bought the maximum amount of space available for their characters and banks and it's all full of stuff. Window after window of stuff...

While I've bought some space for my characters I don't have a reason to carry several types of shields/weapons/consoles all at once so I sell off what I don't need. So my only guess is they carry equipment to deal with any kind of situation that they can swap out anytime.

So does anyone really need to carry/store so much stuff??? :eek:

daan2006 03-23-2013 10:58 PM

I am a pack rat :)

maxvitor 03-23-2013 11:04 PM

Guilty as charged. It's not a bad idea to carry gear best suited to handling a particular enemy.

ssargon 03-23-2013 11:20 PM

I'm a pack rat too, though I mostly collect novelties. Bought prototype Andorian weapons specifically because you can't get them anymore, and still holding on to some of those combadge item things that show up in your inventory when you buy a ship on the c-store from the website. Weird, I know. And I've got a rechargeable shield battery kicking about... ah, novelties.

anazonda 03-23-2013 11:28 PM

I am a casual player, and I do it... I hate dying... If swapping gear helps minimize that, I am all for it..

Also, I've maxed all my DuOff levels, max reshearch skill, Got 95% of all the accolades, Done all the missions at least twice, been to every spot I can think of, have all the ships I want, and 3 years of skill-fine-tuning.

What else, but collecting gear, is left?

zerobang 03-24-2013 04:49 AM

i only pack Zen and EC, i keep any Set items, XII purples of any type and cosoles blue XI or above go into the bank.

i got ALL Slots maxed, DOff, Bank, Accounbank, Inventory, on all my 10 Characters
i only do not care for BOff or Ship slots for some reason it has always been enough for me what i had already.... bought a few costume slots for easy swapping, those are the only account wide slots so i bought a few more.

i keep my inventory and banks clean, only things that are worth keeping stay in there, i have more room than i need and i like it!

coupaholic 03-24-2013 07:10 AM

Nope, I am the mirror opposite.

I never liked collecting or hoarding stuff for a rainy day. If anything has no use to me it gets sold. I've not had to upgrade any slots at all and my tiny bank is barely 1/3 full.

My personal inventory always carries that communicator for the trade freighter and a cheap zero gravity suit only. On my person is 20 medium hypno's and a remodulator, same for my Boffs too pretty much.

sollvax 03-24-2013 07:15 AM

I collect Tribbles

that takes a lot of bank space

vestereng 03-24-2013 07:25 AM

Not really.

A year later, my main character is still flying the first ship I grinded out and knew I wanted.
Same as all the others, I got the one ship I wanted for them and that was that.

Outside that I wanted the optional ground outfits (now bugged from season 7), the flashlight and 1 party popper.

For ship sets I just slapped random stuff on that was easy to come by or if I liked a skin.

Still flying with old stf weapons, don't own any purple consoles, never collected doff's, laughed at crafting and haven't even loaded up ground abilities on my boff's yet :D

khayuung 03-24-2013 07:55 AM

To me, filled inventory costs EC. So I always keep my bags mostly empty. The most I have is 4 tac kits, 5 EVA suits, a small slot for lockboxes, and everything else is equipped on my ships/boffs, leaving my bag mostly empty.

Whatever I pick up that I dont need and cannot sell for higher on the exchange, I liquidate at the nearest 50% vendor ASAP.

It's just good business.