Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Duty Officer System and R&D (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=251)
-   -   "Doffing B'Tran" (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=593361)

stardestroyer001 03-24-2013 08:53 AM

"Doffing B'Tran"
 
Just wondering about this, since I hear so much about it, yet I have never, in the year I have been playing, never ever picked up a purple DOFF of any type in B'Tran.

So what's doffing in B'Tran, and how does it work?

(P.S. Please explain every step in detail. I am not good at interpretive language.)

mimey2 03-24-2013 09:07 AM

Ok, in B'tran (and by extension every other star cluster), has a chain of DOFF missions that allow you to build up a colony in that cluster (7 missions). It does require a fairly good amount of colonists to do, so keep that in mind.

On the last mission, called the 'Renown' mission, you will get a guaranteed blue DOFF. And randomly at times after that, you can get a mission called something like "Support Efforts in the _____ Cluster" or whatever it's called. If you critical success that mission, you will get a purple DOFF.

stardestroyer001 03-24-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimey2 (Post 8782801)
Ok, in B'tran (and by extension every other star cluster), has a chain of DOFF missions that allow you to build up a colony in that cluster (7 missions). It does require a fairly good amount of colonists to do, so keep that in mind.

On the last mission, called the 'Renown' mission, you will get a guaranteed blue DOFF. And randomly at times after that, you can get a mission called something like "Support Efforts in the _____ Cluster" or whatever it's called. If you critical success that mission, you will get a purple DOFF.

I see, no wonder. I haven't completed the chain yet.

Now are there specific types of purple DOFFs from a critted "Support Efforts in the B'Tran Cluster", or are they randomly picked up? By this I mean can I go to Delta Volanis and get a different type of Purple DOFF compared to B'Tran, or are they all the same?

Finally, does DOFFJOBS calculate that in its spreadsheet?

doctormerkin 03-24-2013 09:35 AM

got purple assimilated gorn engie doff in b'tran/crit..

overlapo 03-24-2013 09:54 AM

STO wiki has a list of the reward for a crit on one of the repeatables doff missions.

http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_S...zation_Efforts

These purples are not unique so you can collect as many as you like of any type.

mandoknight89 03-24-2013 02:09 PM

Notably, the B'Tran doff is a liberated Borg Technician with Efficient and Resilient. The Fed one (Ten of Ten, a Caitian) has Logical and Eidetic Memory, while the KDF one (Two of Twelve, a Gorn) has Aggressive and Cold Blooded. Being Very Rare Technicians, they're relatively easy-to-get doffs that form the crux of an Aux 2 Batt build.

stardestroyer001 03-24-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlapo (Post 8783631)
STO wiki has a list of the reward for a crit on one of the repeatables doff missions.

http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_S...zation_Efforts

These purples are not unique so you can collect as many as you like of any type.

Thank you! This is awesome, I will definitely be using this.

rck01 07-28-2013 11:25 PM

Trying to complete the renown mission but it keeps saying I don't have any Doffs that meet the requirements. Also, the requirements keep changing: First Diplomat/Advisor/Counselor, then Science, then Tactical/Security. Also, do they need to be of a certain quality level? E.g Green or better?

Help! I've spent a week on this! I wan't my friggin' Blue or Purple Doff! :)


UPDATE: Never Mind! I just realized you don't need to assign anyone...just click Start Assignment. Duh! :)

RCK

reginamala78 07-29-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rck01 (Post 11646641)
Trying to complete the renown mission but it keeps saying I don't have any Doffs that meet the requirements. Also, the requirements keep changing: First Diplomat/Advisor/Counselor, then Science, then Tactical/Security. Also, do they need to be of a certain quality level? E.g Green or better?

Help! I've spent a week on this! I wan't my friggin' Blue or Purple Doff! :)

RCK

The 7th mission in the chain shouldn't require any doff. Just click the mission and 15 minutes later you get the blue doff. If you want the purple you have to check around for the proper Support mission to show up (its not always there) and then crit on it using any doff you want.

rck01 07-29-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reginamala78 (Post 11646991)
The 7th mission in the chain shouldn't require any doff. Just click the mission and 15 minutes later you get the blue doff. If you want the purple you have to check around for the proper Support mission to show up (its not always there) and then crit on it using any doff you want.

Figured this out in Zone chat. Boy do I feel stupid... :)

BTW, do you know which support mission(s) I should be looking for from here forward? Will I know them when I see them (i.e. somehow showing a link to the chain)?

UPDATE: Again, never mind. Found it almost immediately. Thanks again for the tips! :)

Thanks!
RCK


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:17 PM.