Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   I'm a level fifty member of the KDF, can I go back to school? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=593971)

foundrelic 03-24-2013 09:53 PM

I'm a level fifty member of the KDF, can I go back to school?

I created my KDF character, like everyone else, they were in the 20's.

With levels 1-50 being KDF accessible now, will there be a one time only "Replay tutorial" option?

I realize it won't teach me anything and I likely won't get anything good as a reward but if there's a KDF tutorial now I'd like to run it, jsut so I can have that under my belt.

You know, WITHOUT creating a new character.

ashtaku 03-24-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foundrelic (Post 8794521)

With levels 1-50 being KDF accessible now, will there be a one time only "Replay tutorial" option?

I realize it won't teach me anything and I likely won't get anything good as a reward but if there's a KDF tutorial now I'd like to run it, jsut so I can have that under my belt.

Only time will tell. Personally, I'm expecting that I'll need to roll a new character to get the most out of the new KDF content, but it would be nice if I could also use my existing characters for that content.

travelingmaster 03-25-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foundrelic (Post 8794521)

Bah, I created my KDF main when the KDF was still operating at levels 5-50, before the F2P conversion.

I doubt there will be a replay tutorial option. You'll probably have to start a new character to run it. It's up to you whether you want to do that or not. . .you could just make a character, run the tutorial and any new low-level missions that Cryptic puts in (if any), and then delete the character if you don't want to develop it fully.

notapwefan 03-25-2013 02:51 AM

A true warrior never looks back.

shpoks 03-25-2013 06:08 AM

I don't think that re-playing the tutorial will be possible for our old chars, if the current state of things is any indication. You can't replay the basic game-tutorial the Feds. have now, so unless they are making some radical changes to this, I don't see it being possible.

However, if they're planning to give the KDF the missing leveling content I expect it to be playable with scaling rewards, just as the FEs are now and this is something I would be playing with my lvl 50 chars as well.

startux 03-25-2013 09:22 AM

I'm ready to roll a Ferasan Engineer and a Gorn when they roll this update out.

oldkhemaraa 03-25-2013 11:21 AM

Yes, I belive you WILL be able play those missions. In the current interface under featured
missions etc. you can replay (or play) missions you hadn't done before. As the upcoming KDF content will be lower level missions they most likely will show up in the mission tracker so you should be able to play through them. They should "adjust" to your level of play so you will get level appropriate npc's and scaled rewards..

On my Fed characters I will every once in a while replay some of the lower level content for specific missions rewards (Harq'peng Torpedo's come to mind..).

We'll know for sure in a couple months but you should be able to play them even though your caracter level is above them. For the specific tutorial though you may need to pop for a couple character slots.

Check subscription rewards though. It might be worth your while if your a silver level player to pop for 1 to 3 months of subscriptions for the additional bennies, which are much cheaper with a sub then buying seperatly from the c-store.

Khemaraa sends

P.S. Remeber the tutorial its self will require a new toon to play through, but the rest should be accessable.

P.P.S. if you go for the life time sub BTW you will pick up bennies equal to about $500 worth of C-store purchases if purchased seperatly including additional ship and character slots.

P.P.P.S. LTM with its instant vet awards should be good for a total of either 5 or 7 character slots(!) if I recall correctly. And of course you do get instant vet rewards now with the LTM which is raher nice (including a shuttle, and the free vet t-5 destroyer with its special abilities)

foundrelic 03-25-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notapwefan (Post 8796501)
A true warrior never looks back.

Only a fool doesn't learn from his/her past.

I don't remember basic training, best to get a refresher course.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shpoks (Post 8798021)
I don't think that re-playing the tutorial will be possible for our old chars, if the current state of things is any indication. You can't replay the basic game-tutorial the Feds. have now, so unless they are making some radical changes to this, I don't see it being possible.

However, if they're planning to give the KDF the missing leveling content I expect it to be playable with scaling rewards, just as the FEs are now and this is something I would be playing with my lvl 50 chars as well.

Granted, but on fed side you are REQUIRED to run the tutorial at least once. ANy new characters on the fed side after that you get the option to skip it as the game sees you've already run the tutorial.

zipagat 03-25-2013 05:27 PM

Personally I plan to level a new character, possibly a Joined Trill or a Ferasan. I imagine that the new content will be similar to that fed side in that you can play/replay missions that are lower level and part of the levelling story even at max rank. (Hey they might even add in some mark XI reward stuff that they get from them if we are really lucky)

Oh and not that it matters much but I levelled my KDF toons the old fashoned way, 1-50 with just with exploration missions (this was before even the Fek'lhr story arc existed)

shpoks 03-25-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by startux (Post 8800991)
I'm ready to roll a Ferasan Engineer and a Gorn when they roll this update out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipagat (Post 8811311)
Personally I plan to level a new character, possibly a Joined Trill or a Ferasan.

I'm thinking a Nausicaan pirate myself. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by foundrelic (Post 8810691)
Granted, but on fed side you are REQUIRED to run the tutorial at least once. ANy new characters on the fed side after that you get the option to skip it as the game sees you've already run the tutorial.

It's the same on the KDF, even worse cause it's required everytime, you can't skip it like the Fed. alts can atm.