Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Swimsuits For Recreational Outfits!! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=594391)

domination20 03-25-2013 10:12 AM

Swimsuits For Recreational Outfits!!

It would be awesome to have an option for swimsuit like costumes! For off duty uniforms when your character visits Risa or is jumping through water on any map including Starfleet Academy. I'm sure it would improve game play :D You know to evolve on the idea of being as realistic as possible. Instead of just going through water or vacation areas fully clothed. I'd spend a few c points on swimsuits, just like a TON of people i'm sure!

valoreah 03-25-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domination20 (Post 8801961)
It would be awesome to have an option for swimsuit like costumes! For off duty uniforms when your character visits Risa or is jumping through water on any map including Starfleet Academy. I'm sure it would improve game play :D You know to evolve on the idea of being as realistic as possible. Instead of just going through water or vacation areas fully clothed. I'd spend a few c points on swimsuits, just like a TON of people i'm sure!

And see ESD / First City become "bikinis online"? No thanks.

domination20 03-25-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valoreah (Post 8802001)

Haha! Female characters can already show all the skin they want but their privates. A onesie swimsuit would make them show less skin in some cases

sander233 03-25-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valoreah (Post 8802001)

Qo'noS is already like that, what with all the scantily-clad Orion females running everywhere.

And I already avoid ESD - the troll capital of the universe - as much as possible.

I say do it.

tancrediiv 03-25-2013 11:40 AM

There was a costume/Risa attire thread a while ago. Many want this. I have no real problem with it as we find scantily clad female forms in risqu? attire everywhere.

If we are talking about actual sports Illustrated edition swim wear I would prefer it limited to the recreational map with age appropriate gate.

tpalelena 03-25-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domination20 (Post 8802171)
Haha! Female characters can already show all the skin they want but their privates. A onesie swimsuit would make them show less skin in some cases

That is true. The terran TOS and the orion outfits show as much skin as a swimsuit.

voyagerfan9751 03-25-2013 11:47 AM

My understanding is if we get Swimwear it would be most likely restricted to Risa and ONLY Risa. This is a mandate from CBS. Which is why I believe it isn't in game at this point as the Dev staff doesn't currently have the tech to limit the outfit choice to a certain area.

chakitty 03-25-2013 12:14 PM

It would be nice to get a Dev response on this sort of issue. But I do agree that having a swimsuit option would be quite nice, and I'd be quite willing to save up 5K zen to unlock it. If nothing else, take a page from WoW and make it a 'plugin' so that only those that want to see it are able to do so.

lexusk19 03-25-2013 01:45 PM

Im game for it, or at least the pretty outfits form the shows. TOS had some very nice ones! ^_^ And honestly.. Who cares if toons run around like that? Star Trek is full of skimpy outfits and they are always fine with it in the shows.

valoreah 03-25-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domination20 (Post 8802171)

Orion women can, yes. That's canon to Trek. You didn't see Dr. Crusher, Troi, Janeway, Seven of Nine, T'Pol, Hoshi Sato, Ro Lauren, Tasha Yar etc. walking about the ship in a bikini every week, did you?

Not sure STO could keep the ESRB rating if they allow it, and from what I recall, CBS is against it, so good luck.