Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   stacking consoles (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=594431)

princedimwit 03-25-2013 10:35 AM

stacking consoles

what tactical and engineering consoles stack to get a better benefit from them?

Thanks.

hevach 03-25-2013 11:08 AM

All non-unique consoles stack. Nearly all do so linearly from a weapon or skill's base stats - if you have 1000 base dps on a weapon (before skills or passives are accounted for), every 10% console will give you 100 dps, whether you have one or five.

The exception are all armor consoles. They do have diminishing returns such that the effective HP is mostly linear, up to a point.

Hopefully I can get this one in the thread before some of the silly misconceptions like "percents diminish flat values don't."

rinkster 03-25-2013 11:12 AM

This is something I've been looking for a clear resource on.

Actually, its stacking in general I haven't been able to find enough on.

Can anyone point me at a clear guide to stacking consoles or doffs?

Are there dimishing returns or are they additive?

If it varies, what are the parameters?

lordhavelock 03-25-2013 12:55 PM

As Hevach says, all non-unique consoles stack directly (so two +10 consoles = +20 effect), the exception being the Engineering resistance consoles. The are affected by a diminishing returns, though I don't remember the exact formula at the moment. The purpose being to prevent anyone from getting a 100% Resistance (and therefore invulnerability).

rinkster 03-25-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordhavelock (Post 8806231)
As Hevach says, all non-unique consoles stack directly (so two +10 consoles = +20 effect), the exception being the Engineering resistance consoles. The are affected by a diminishing returns, though I don't remember the exact formula at the moment. The purpose being to prevent anyone from getting a 100% Resistance (and therefore invulnerability).

Ah, thank you.......so three AP tac consoles with a 24.4% buff a piece add up to 73.2% extra damage as well?

mbp101287 03-25-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rinkster (Post 8806521)
Ah, thank you.......so three AP tac consoles with a 24.4% buff a piece add up to 73.2% extra damage as well?

Yes, but that adds to the base damage, not your displayed damage.

rinkster 03-25-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbp101287 (Post 8815421)
Yes, but that adds to the base damage, not your displayed damage.

Ah, thank you for the succinct clarification.

Displayed damage is, of course, the running total of all applicable bonuses.

These consoles would add to the base damage, as you say.

I assume the same principle applies to other consoles that increase things by percentages.

Thus, some thing that improves shield emitters +12% applies to the base shields, not a percentage of the final bonus amount.

Leading to a somewhat lower than as expected bump, if you didnt know what was happening.

Thank you all for the help in understanding this.