Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Cryptic Do Somthing! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=59483)

Archived Post 01-13-2010 09:34 AM

Cryptic Do Somthing!

I dont think you guys are realizing the frustration thats being spilled in these forums with regardss to the Beta Download. there is a lot of talk about returning preorders and giving up. a lot of people paid alot of money to preorder this game with the hope of gaining acces to the beta and head start but what we are seeing doesnt bode well for our hopes. if this is any sign of the headstart to come we might as weel just return everthing because the headstart will be over by the time most of us can even download the patches for it. I really want to see this game do well and so I am pleading please do something to fix this.

Archived Post 01-13-2010 09:40 AM

i agree completely. I am a fileplanet subscriber. It still took me about 6-7 hours to download this game last night. I wake up thismorning to find that the setup file is corrupt and wont load properly. I am a huge Star Trek fan, but like alot of other people I think the last good one to come out was Bridge Commander. If you guys don't get your *hit together and do something about this, that will still be the last good one to come out.

COME ON!

Archived Post 01-13-2010 09:43 AM

my big fear is for the headstart (the whole reason i did the preorder) but it would be over by the time i would have it downloaded if it follows this same path. the star trek fans are loyal fans but they are not forgiving and even a bad expeirence in the beta will turn alot of them away ( i know cause i am one) and it happend with alot of the other games

Archived Post 01-13-2010 09:48 AM

Use Cryptic's launcher. I've downloaded the game 3 times to 3 seperate computers. Each download was finished within 9 hours from start to finish.

Maybe it's a problem on your side? (Please don't take that as an insult. It was meant as a suggestion)

Archived Post 01-13-2010 09:49 AM

We have a number of new download partners available, and yet more coming in the next few days. If you don't see one you like right now, check back at the end of today and you might.

I thought so originally too but it seems to be a common problem across the board. i am currently downing the STO downloader but i am hearing alot of people on hour 30 of that download.

I can't even download the client. Just ordered the game on direct to drive, whenever I go to click the download button all I get is a message saying "Error converting data type varchar to smalldatetime." I've tried downloading from mirrors on other sights and NONE of them work. I've tried this on two PC's so the problem can't be my end! Anyone else got this issue? Anyone able to offer any help?

Archived Post 01-13-2010 10:05 AM

Is this the first rage/quit emo thread of open beta? If so do I get a cookie for being the first to flame a rage/quit emo thread?

:D

Archived Post 01-13-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devourer1987
I can't even download the client. Just ordered the game on direct to drive, whenever I go to click the download button all I get is a message saying "Error converting data type varchar to smalldatetime." I've tried downloading from mirrors on other sights and NONE of them work. I've tried this on two PC's so the problem can't be my end! Anyone else got this issue? Anyone able to offer any help?

I downloaded from d2d and it went fine. Only took an hour too which was pretty awesome.

That error is a MS SQL Server error. I have no idea why you would be getting it.

Archived Post 01-13-2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRaiders
Is this the first rage/quit emo thread of open beta? If so do I get a cookie for being the first to flame a rage/quit emo thread?

:D

Ha, Unfortunately no, its not the first, but i give you props for finding it so fast