Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Duty Officer System and R&D (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=251)
-   -   Triple-faction DOFF sifting (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=595321)

mimey2 03-26-2013 06:45 AM

Triple-faction DOFF sifting

So here's a bit of unfortunate reality: In May, we're gonna start having to sift through three whole factions worth of DOFFs. I'm not particularly looking forward to it.

I hope that maybe some of the changes include letting us sort by faction.

darkjeff 03-26-2013 06:55 AM

That would indeed suck. Also applies to BOffs, ugh.

markhawkman 03-26-2013 08:58 AM

Yeah, we're gonna need that functionality....

tatyanasergei 03-26-2013 09:35 AM

Good lord, that sounds dreadful. And we don't even have Heretic here anymore to make certain there's at least one Dev catering to the DOFFing community. D:

I really do hope they have something in the works to fix this before it becomes an issue.

shadowfang240 03-26-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkjeff (Post 8818971)
That would indeed suck. Also applies to BOffs, ugh.

not really, since the only boff species shared by faction is alien (excluding the diplo/marauding boffs, which can't be sold on the exchange anyway), so getting what you need for boff selection is much easier than finding a doff that your char can use

voicesdark 03-26-2013 11:39 AM

The entire system needs an overhaul and has for sometime. It's never been a hard concept to give FED doff/boff a full blue background, KDF a red one and now in may the Roms a Green one, and yet for as long as I've been playing this, that simplicity seems to have eluded them. I will say that since I started playing it's been made a bit easier to tell the difference however I've also run across many doffs that were shown by all indications to be FED when they were really KDF and visa versa.

I admit I'm no programmer, but would it really be that hard to add a search by faction option to everything in the exchange? Like I said I'm no programmer so someone that is please could you tell us how hard or easy that functionality would be to add?

moronwmachinegun 03-26-2013 12:21 PM

Red/green won't work for colorblind ppl. There needs to be a clear indicator in a corner for each faction, and/or only able to view your own faction.

markhawkman 03-26-2013 04:14 PM

Maybe buttons with faction logos?

atatassault 03-26-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowfang240 (Post 8823971)
(excluding the diplo/marauding boffs, which can't be sold on the exchange anyway)

Yes they can. Those Boff Candidates are unbound. You probably never noticed them since they tend to start at 10 Million EC and only skyrocket up from there.

lazarus51166 03-26-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

I admit I'm no programmer, but would it really be that hard to add a search by faction option to everything in the exchange? Like I said I'm no programmer so someone that is please could you tell us how hard or easy that functionality would be to add?
without seeing how efficient their backend code is its hard to say. basically what you would have to do is add a flag to each object that can go on the exchange, that says whether it is a specific faction item, then add another set of entries into the database to hold the flag info for each item and then add a new SQL query to the database that searches for items based on their flag. its a fair amount of work, but more tedious than difficult