Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Cryptic, are you prepared? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=597261)

abaddon653 03-27-2013 06:43 PM

Cryptic, are you prepared?

So does everyone remember the fiasco with the anniversary event? Queues to log in up to and even over 1000, constant lag, DC after DC? Well I know I do, I remember it well.

Now Cryptic, are you prepared or in the process of preparing for the launch of LoR? Like many I have been waiting since launch for the Romulans and even diehard Fed and KDF are going to want to try the new faction at least a little.

Everyone should prepare for this, make sure you have plenty of munchies on hand and a few good shows or movies to watch while you wait in queue to log in.

chalpen 03-27-2013 06:49 PM

it won't happen unless there is a new episode.
Millions play this game when a new episode shows up. There is even a queue of lifetimers getting in.

New grind? Not more than usual. I wouldn't worry.

brigadooom 03-27-2013 07:03 PM

I doubt they're prepared :o every. time.

ussweatherlight 03-27-2013 07:27 PM

Immediately, all of those WoW jokes about Illidan popped into my head.

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!!!!

daan2006 03-27-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ussweatherlight (Post 8852871)
Immediately, all of those WoW jokes about Illidan popped into my head.

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!!!!

this^^^^^^^^

hypl 03-27-2013 08:09 PM

Aside from the F2P launch (which, from my end, was surprisingly smooth and almost lag-free and had little use of queues), no. They are not prepared. They will not be prepared.

This is an expansion. With (hopefully) loads of new content to play through from not only a new faction, but from the KDF side as well.

There will be queues. There will be lag. There will be connection issues.

You have been warned.

goldenlion619 03-27-2013 08:16 PM

A big expansion bringing in new and old players back to the game , I'm sure its going to a jamming week for Cryptic come launch.

xlocutusofborgx 03-27-2013 09:01 PM

Been heres since it all started and have yet see them prepare for something big, so no I dont think there going to be prepared for it or try to improve server capacity or even possibly get an upgrade server system. Theyve continued to do what they can "server maintenance and server stability" fixes to try to work around things to perfect them better without of course purchasing more servers "my view here".

So Im sure will all be there for the que, and wait and wait and wait to get on.

tinkerstorm 03-27-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalpen (Post 8852471)
it won't happen unless there is a new episode.
Millions play this game when a new episode shows up. There is even a queue of lifetimers getting in.

New grind? Not more than usual. I wouldn't worry.

Millions? Not quite.

thlaylierah 03-27-2013 09:18 PM

Being prepared would be like a sit down restaurant.

Cryptic is more like a buffet.....