Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Fabricating MKXII very rare consoles (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=597511)

notapwefan 03-28-2013 03:25 AM

Fabricating MKXII very rare consoles

The chances of fabricating MKXII as doff mission are quite lame to say the least, and it is pretty difficult to figure out the logic behind this decision. A player who is going to spend a significant resources is playing his luck as in playing lottery for bug ship. On the top of that, if I am correct, the fleet elite weapons are either disruptor or phaser. Hence scoring the desired very rare console which is solely based on chance is extremely rare.

How about making MXII very rare consoles as a craftable item. It can be done by using the same ingredients (like we have now) along with say 50k dilithium (gods in PWE, did you just find your favorite word "dilithium" in the lines?) . Once you have crafted an item then you have x hours of cooldown period.

This way, we will have crafting back which is dead for quite a long time.

valenn1 03-28-2013 03:45 AM

/signed
I'm so tired of all these purple graviton/diburneum/countermeasure consoles (somhow my doffs usually craft useless [in other words:science] consoles in purple quality, with the ocassional useless tech or tac one [mine console anyone?]).
Raise the price, add a timer, charge dilithium but please give us a way to get these consoles without months of lottery-grinding.

ourmaster 03-28-2013 05:38 AM

There should be some hard to get items in the game. 50k dilithium isn't worth 30M EC. If you don't want to do lottery just buy it from exchange.

vestereng 03-28-2013 06:21 AM

It takes an investment but after a while you will make a huge profit.

And end up where I am, plenty of resources without nothing left to get waiting on bug fixes -
just be happy you still have something to chase.

hypl 03-28-2013 06:36 AM

To me, it's just a big lottery with those consoles. You're going to get a lot of crap, but after dozens of attempts, you're bound to get something useful.

I think Bort made a post about this awhile back and went into detail about fabricating these consoles.

lizwei 03-28-2013 07:22 AM

I got a purple one once.
It was a damn crew console. Yay, 5000ec.

tribbleorlfl 03-28-2013 07:35 AM

To me, the problem in the current mk xii process isn't so much the random nature of the quality or console type, it?s the terribly inconsistent rate the ?Negotiate Additional Deliveries doff mission shows up. We?ve been told the CD on this mission I believe is 5 days to a week or so. Why then, has it been over 2 weeks since I last saw this mission? At one point around the holidays, it was one solid month before I saw it again. It is an Uncommon mission, nog Rare or Very Rare, so it should be more frequent. It?s also been quite some time since I got a Strange Alien Artifact as a Crit on one of the Sector Artifact missions.

I think if the Strange Alien artifacts dropped more, it would lessen the rub of getting a green sci console. Just try again next week. Perfect world (pun intended), they would add a vendor to DS9 (maybe a shady Ferengi in Quark?s) where you could pick up the ?Negotiate? doff mission on a set CD (kind of like the doff cadres w/ the personnel officer @ the academies), or even buy the alien artifacts out right for dil.

supergirl1611 03-28-2013 07:36 AM

Be nicer if you got the choice to fabricate the type of console of you're choice and then played a lotto of either Green/Blue or Purple drops.

ashkrik23 03-28-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valenn1 (Post 8856351)
/signed
I'm so tired of all these purple graviton/diburneum/countermeasure consoles (somhow my doffs usually craft useless [in other words:science] consoles in purple quality, with the ocassional useless tech or tac one [mine console anyone?]).
Raise the price, add a timer, charge dilithium but please give us a way to get these consoles without months of lottery-grinding.

This^
10chars.

vestereng 03-28-2013 07:57 AM

Sure like I said it requires an investment.

You need 5 doff's at 1.2 a pop and be ready to fabrication 20 powered ones @ 1 million.

Obviously you don't sit around waiting for the chain to give you a non powered and go collect the samples.

This risk is during a circle, getting 1/4 purples you might have to fabricate say 10 or 20 or even 30 AND risk the purple ones you get are of low vaule.

Then comes the day where you get a 30 or 60 million one.