Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   First time logging in Bug (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=59769)

Archived Post 01-13-2010 11:53 AM

First time logging in Bug

when i log in for the first time i get to the starting room character of other player and NPC and the Room log and all frozed up but music still playing here my Laptop System

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz
Memory: 4 GB
Display Adapter: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Fimily
Disk Drive: 220 GB

Archived Post 01-13-2010 12:16 PM

I am getting the same problem, my guess is that it has something to do with the 965 chipset family as I have basically the same set up as you do.

I guess Dev. will need to figure out what the glitch is with the 965 chipset. What graphics card are you using?

Archived Post 01-13-2010 12:19 PM

I would love to confirm this and be certain it is the chipset.

Have either of you tried adjusting the audio/video settings to see if you can get a different result?

Archived Post 01-13-2010 12:34 PM

I did try to change the settings on my computer to a lower setting, no joy.

Archived Post 01-13-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndorianShran (Post 1404018)
I am getting the same problem, my guess is that it has something to do with the 965 chipset family as I have basically the same set up as you do.

I guess Dev. will need to figure out what the glitch is with the 965 chipset. What graphics card are you using?

It must be the 965 chipset i play WoW when the last patch came out i had graphic problem until i input a codeline that WoW tell my to write in the Config.wtf

Archived Post 01-13-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rezinar
It must be the 965 chipset i play WoW when the last patch came out i had graphic problem until i input a codeline that WoW tell my to write in the Config.wtf

It's working now. I don't know if it was because you had already wrote the codeline in yet, or if it was because I updated the graphics driver with this:

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows Vista* 64 (exe)

Archived Post 01-14-2010 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndorianShran (Post 1410494)
It's working now. I don't know if it was because you had already wrote the codeline in yet, or if it was because I updated the graphics driver with this:

u updated the graphics graph driver . the codline for World of Warcaft A.K.A (WoW) not Star Trek online

Archived Post 01-14-2010 07:51 AM

Gotcha.

Okay, so for everyone with the 965 chipset, go to Intel website and update your:

Hope that helps.

Maybe some mod could sticky this or repost solution as a sticky?

Archived Post 01-14-2010 07:54 AM

Oh, and ignore the Windows Driver Update Scanner. It will tell you that your drivers are all up to date and current but when I went to the manufacturer site there were updates available.

Archived Post 01-14-2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndorianShran (Post 1426159)
Oh, and ignore the Windows Driver Update Scanner. It will tell you that your drivers are all up to date and current but when I went to the manufacturer site there were updates available.

Try to update driver like u send but i get an Error message

The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate drive from the computer's manufacturer.

Setup will exit