Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   [Legacy of Romulus] Tholian Reputation Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=598101)

f2pdrakron 03-28-2013 02:54 PM

[Legacy of Romulus] Tholian Reputation Feedback

... After you put it on the Lobi store as a upgrade?

I am saying that thanks to Tribble they kinda let the new Tholian Taskforce reputation on it, allowing everyone to see what it offers, you can even run the projects if you feel so inclined (well could if there was Tholian Marks available)

Let put this way, I am not against that but fact is YOU CHARGED LOBI FOR IT! and even if I dont own it (heck I dont even own a whole set, parts of a set yes with several characters but none complete) its still very in bad taste you decide to put it on the reputation system AFTER you decided to ask Lobi for a upgrade.

This is also a heads up, DONT BOTHER WITH THE BOXES since all you get is vendor trash, if you have boxes unopen SELL THEN NOW!

iconians 03-28-2013 03:19 PM

Telling people not to gamble is like telling people not to drink or smoke.

centersolace 03-28-2013 03:34 PM

Not... necessarily. If this is true, then they've realized that Reputation is much more lucrative than the Lobi Store. I'm certain that a lot of people are going to get a bad taste in their mouths, but caveat emptor. On the other hand however, ultimately I hope this is true, and I believe will work better for everyone in the long run. In fact, quite a few other things like the Zen EVA suits would work better as Reputation projects.

tehbubbaloo 03-28-2013 03:45 PM

that figures.

wolfpacknz 03-28-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iconians (Post 8869861)
Telling people not to gamble is like telling people not to drink or smoke.

Even my doctor's given up trying with me :)

syberghost 03-28-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f2pdrakron (Post 8869261)
This is also a heads up, DONT BOTHER WITH THE BOXES since all you get is vendor trash, if you have boxes unopen SELL THEN NOW!

I have never once gotten a box that contained nothing but vendor trash. Every box has contained one or more things that will fetch more from the Exchange than from vendors, and nearly every one has contained things that would fetch far more on the Exchange; even if you don't count the Lobi.

You're entitled to your opinion and to express it here, but the "fact" you presented was simply in error.

pwebranflakes 03-28-2013 05:13 PM

That's all a work-in-progress and may not be indicative of how the final version will be -- it's why there were no notes in Tribble. I'm not saying that this set will or won't be there, as things are still being decided on, but until there are Tribble patch notes about it, please remember that it's all not finalized and still WIP.

P.S. Moved the thread to the Tribble feedback forums, as that's what it is.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

zerobang 03-28-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f2pdrakron (Post 8869261)
... After you put it on the Lobi store as a upgrade?

I am saying that thanks to Tribble they kinda let the new Tholian Taskforce reputation on it, allowing everyone to see what it offers, you can even run the projects if you feel so inclined (well could if there was Tholian Marks available)

Let put this way, I am not against that but fact is YOU CHARGED LOBI FOR IT! and even if I dont own it (heck I dont even own a whole set, parts of a set yes with several characters but none complete) its still very in bad taste you decide to put it on the reputation system AFTER you decided to ask Lobi for a upgrade.

....or they noticed that they made a mistake putting this set into the Lobi Store in the first place, going a bit overboard with the whole Pay 2 Win shenanigans.

I did not touch Nukara for a few reasons after the initial look around, that the XII Set Upgrade was part of the Lobi Store was the biggest reason for me.
I did not even try to get it, just ignored the whole Zone because the Lobi Upgrade was screaming Pay 2 Win at me.

If they change their mind and actually put it in the game for free where it should have been in the first place, then i say GOOD!
And unless i absolutely have to, i still will not bother with Nukara, it is just a boring Farming Zone with absolutely no challenge, the Boss Battles are the only thing mildly entertaining, but the daily cooldown on those destroys any replayability there too.
Cross teaming between FED+KDF is also impossible... and getting a KDF group going... oh hell no.

jeffel82 03-28-2013 05:31 PM

I spent Lobi on the Crystalline upgrades for one of my character, and would wholeheartedly support these sorts of upgrades being removed from the Lobi store.

The reputation system is a much better place for them...I think the crafting system would be a good spot as well.

aegon1ice 03-28-2013 05:44 PM

Tholian Reputation Items

Looking at the new Tholian Reputation I'd like to ask you - the developers to consider:

1) Add the reputation items for testing ASAP to the DS9 Vendor. We all know the still ongoing fiasko with the Romulan Flamethrower and other items. So, you guys get early feedback and have the time to make needed fixes to them.

2) Rename the Nukara Marks to "Tholian Marks" in order to keep in line with "Romulan" and "Omega" Marks

From what I have seen the skill trees do not indicate if the power is for ground or space. Especially, T3 and T4 I think. Yes, there are the icons but not all of them are pretty clear tbh.