Genesis Engine... not working all that well.
1) I keep crashing on the random missions, and
2) Had the bug where my ship beams down to the planet and then my character beams into Sector Space.
3) there are anomalies I can scan but the game won't let me pick them up.
4) I can sit in the SAME SPOT in sector space and keep exploring the same spot but getting random missions... that's kind of stupid.
5) In 5 random missions (3 in closed beta, 2 in Open) I've seen the SAME RESEARCH STATION on the different planets. Different planets, different missions... same station. I thought this Genesis Engine was supposed to be really amazing and have tons and tons of randomness behind it? The same research station graphics don't cut it.
6) Worst offender so far, finally got a different mission where I was supposed to beam down to some jungle... game completely CRASHED with some error saying that that jungle map wasn't available or something. I couldn't alt-tab out of the game, I Had to control-alt-delete and close the game manually.
I encountered a problem with the star cluster missions that I haven't seen mentioned on the forums yet: I was supposed to beam down to a planet surface, but the map didn't load - the progress bar on the loading screen was stuck in the same position for more than 5 minutes. Eventually, a "Disconnected from server" message appeared, but the game didn't quit to the login screen afterwards.
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:22 PM.|