Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   What The Cryptic: No Liberated Borg Romulans?? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=600421)

sekritagent 03-29-2013 03:30 PM

What The Cryptic: No Liberated Borg Romulans??

What is the rationale behind this? I have a LTS, there would seem to be no reason to exclude us from creating Liberated Borg Romulans. There's precedent for it in the show (VOY: Unimatrix Zero) and in STO (Donatra in Khitomer Accord).

What gives Cryptic? You've completely wrecked my character plan at the moment...so is this a "right now" answer or "we'll get to that soon(tm)" answer?

centersolace 03-29-2013 03:32 PM

You forgot Hakeev.

sekritagent 03-29-2013 03:36 PM

Good catch. Were they really that hard to put in at launch? Gah, it'll be months or years before they "get around" to this. :-\

nabuboria 03-29-2013 03:37 PM

I did try pre-warn people that stuff like this would happen, but I got flamed to hell :D

:rolleyes:

daroska 03-29-2013 03:45 PM

Hmmm. I wonder if the Liberated Borg Romulans would be available through this 'alien gen-hybrid' option. Which I originally would just have put to an alien character creator (although being only available to subscribers when FED/KDF get the option for free? Very unfair!) but the word 'hybrid' shrugs me off a bit. I mean, are they trying to infer that we can play as Half-Romulans or am I just reading that wrong?

flash525 03-29-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabuboria (Post 8898231)
I did try pre-warn people that stuff like this would happen, but I got flamed to hell :D

I was probably one of those people (not that I flamed you to hell, but I'd have disagreed with you), and now, I owe you my apologies.

snoggymack22 03-29-2013 04:05 PM

Did they officially say no to those? I thought the Ask Cryptic said they're still reviewing which perks people will get?

nabuboria 03-29-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flash525 (Post 8899011)
I was probably one of those people (not that I flamed you to hell, but I'd have disagreed with you), and now, I owe you my apologies.

It's all good! I'm not after apologies if it's opened even one persons eyes then I'm happy. :cool:

But hopefully, we will get some of the VET rewards retro-active on our new characters half-faction-thing... I don't even know what to call it. :confused:

nabuboria 03-29-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snoggymack22 (Post 8899451)
Did they officially say no to those? I thought the Ask Cryptic said they're still reviewing which perks people will get?

You have to read between the lines, that is to cover their backs and whilst not all of the rewards may be transferable we should see some at least.

brigadooom 03-29-2013 04:16 PM

An official answer to this would be welcome :o I want my Liberated Romulborg!