Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Romulan starbase, a thought I just had (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=602361)

mimey2 03-31-2013 01:03 AM

Romulan starbase, a thought I just had
 
So as we all know, Romulans will have to choose Fed or KDF. In turn, they will be able to join Fed or KDF fleets to gain access to their various items and such.

I just had a thought that...what if they added in a unique compromise regarding the Starbase? Here's how it'd go:

Romulans join Fed and KDF fleets. However, they add in Romulan starbases, which level up as the actual Starbase does. It wouldn't be treated as it's own separate Starbase, but say...

You had a tier 4 Federation Starbase that was tier 4 across the board. In turn, the moment Romulans are added, there would be a tier 4 Romulan Starbase that Romulan players could visit.

Now, I dunno how well and how far the 'immersion' could go. Like would the Starbase purely be an outside skin and then players would magically appear in a Fed or KDF starbase, or would it have it's own interiors, along with all the Featured Project stuff being added in.

Also, I doubt that it'd work well in trying to make it get used for Fleet Alert and such PvE missions, but who knows.


But honestly, if they did add in all that (even if it cost fleet's an arm and a leg to do it) that'd be a really good compromise. Not perfect, but then Romulans could still have their Romulan Starbase. They'd have to choose Fed or KDF, true, but at least it'd be something.

casiopia254 03-31-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimey2 (Post 8937901)
So as we all know, Romulans will have to choose Fed or KDF. In turn, they will be able to join Fed or KDF fleets to gain access to their various items and such.

I just had a thought that...what if they added in a unique compromise regarding the Starbase? Here's how it'd go:

Romulans join Fed and KDF fleets. However, they add in Romulan starbases, which level up as the actual Starbase does. It wouldn't be treated as it's own separate Starbase, but say...

You had a tier 4 Federation Starbase that was tier 4 across the board. In turn, the moment Romulans are added, there would be a tier 4 Romulan Starbase that Romulan players could visit.

Now, I dunno how well and how far the 'immersion' could go. Like would the Starbase purely be an outside skin and then players would magically appear in a Fed or KDF starbase, or would it have it's own interiors, along with all the Featured Project stuff being added in.

Also, I doubt that it'd work well in trying to make it get used for Fleet Alert and such PvE missions, but who knows.


But honestly, if they did add in all that (even if it cost fleet's an arm and a leg to do it) that'd be a really good compromise. Not perfect, but then Romulans could still have their Romulan Starbase. They'd have to choose Fed or KDF, true, but at least it'd be something.

They are NOT going to add anything your suggesting here, they are not going to care what people are asking for on these forums. Quit wasting your time giving your "ideas" because they are NOT going to happen.

Thanks

cehus 03-31-2013 01:09 AM

What I'd like to see is a featured project to run for any starbase to make the exterior "romulan" green, and remove any fed or KDF insignia. Bam, there's the romulan starbase.

jexsamx 03-31-2013 01:16 AM

What about making a dedicated Romulan "Holding" ala Embassy? Complete with a unique starbase with its own construction tiers and interior and decoration projects. Aside from maybe a small bit of decoration signifying the side the starbase leans towards, the design could be Romulan-specific with no other hints of allegiance. This would be ideal since it would reduce development time - instead of having to make Red and Blue versions of additions for two holdings, they can just do one and apply it to both.

Primarily it would be a Military/Diplomacy holding.

Military tiers would unlock new ground weapons with Romulan themes - Fed/KDF versions of these weapons would have generic skins, but RR players would get a unique set of skins ala Elite weapons. Additionally, but most importantly, it would provide Romulan-only Fleet ships.

Diplomacy could unlock special kits - generic when used on other toons, but with unique visuals on Romulan characters.

Not a full sized Starbase like you proposed, but it carries all the same flavor and fits in the current Fleet scheme.


Quote:

Originally Posted by casiopia254 (Post 8937921)
They are NOT going to add anything your suggesting here, they are not going to care what people are asking for on these forums. Quit wasting your time giving your "ideas" because they are NOT going to happen.

Thanks

Well aren't you just a ray of damn sunshine.

duaths1 03-31-2013 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jexsamx (Post 8938001)
What about making a dedicated Romulan "Holding" ala Embassy? Complete with a unique starbase with its own construction tiers and interior and decoration projects. Aside from maybe a small bit of decoration signifying the side the starbase leans towards, the design could be Romulan-specific with no other hints of allegiance. This would be ideal since it would reduce development time - instead of having to make Red and Blue versions of additions for two holdings, they can just do one and apply it to both.

Primarily it would be a Military/Diplomacy holding.

Military tiers would unlock new ground weapons with Romulan themes - Fed/KDF versions of these weapons would have generic skins, but RR players would get a unique set of skins ala Elite weapons. Additionally, but most importantly, it would provide Romulan-only Fleet ships.

Diplomacy could unlock special kits - generic when used on other toons, but with unique visuals on Romulan characters.

Not a full sized Starbase like you proposed, but it carries all the same flavor and fits in the current Fleet scheme.




Well aren't you just a ray of damn sunshine.

nope.

DStahl argumented - Romulans have everything FEDs had at the start.
They will get their own Fleet Holdings later.

finito

azurianstar 03-31-2013 03:36 AM

I really don't think many people will be willing to going to give up their Fed and KDF fleets to start a Romulan Fleet Starbase.

So if they do add a Starbase later, it really should be a community Starbase. And have Romulan players (not fleets) actually contribute towards building a Romulan Starbase over Mol'Rihan and then building the space docks around the starbase (which in turn unlocks new Romulan ships).

And the fun thing about it is that everyone in STO can see it being built as they visit Mol'Rihan and see it change form over time as it's being constructed.

jexsamx 03-31-2013 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duaths1 (Post 8938931)
nope.

DStahl argumented - Romulans have everything FEDs had at the start.
They will get their own Fleet Holdings later.

finito

I'm... not sure I completely understand what you just said.

It sounds like you're saying that Stahl said that Romulans would have everything Feds have to start with, and that they'd get their own fleet holdings later.

But then why would that make my idea a "nope"? Isn't a Romulan Fleet Holding exactly what I just described, and therefor exactly what you just said Stahl said?

thay8472 03-31-2013 05:00 AM

200k for a new deck to the starbase.. rommie embassey, rommie vendors etc.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:49 AM.