Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Official Warp Core Feedback Thread (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=605541)

salamiinferno 04-02-2013 03:51 PM

Official Warp Core Feedback Thread

What do you think about warp cores? Do you like how they work, what they augment, how they fit as rewards?

Have you found a bug, or just have some general feedback? Please leave it here!

robdmc 04-02-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salamiinferno (Post 8989821)
What do you think about warp cores? Do you like how they work, what they augment, how they fit as rewards?

Have you found a bug, or just have some general feedback? Please leave it here!

I only have one question. Will warp cores be added to existing ship sets for additional set bonuses? (Ex.: Adapted M.A.C.O. Warp Core, Aegis Warp Core, Ect)

darkravenxp32 04-02-2013 04:19 PM

I'm not quite sure about this warp core setup. Well, as soon as my client finishes patching and I play around with it a bit I'll let ya know.

That is when the shard is actually online.

kevaldt 04-02-2013 04:26 PM

Kinda hard to give feedback when you have the shard locked... seriously?

crypticarmsman 04-02-2013 04:26 PM

We need Warp Cores added to the Reputaion stores (IE there shpould be an Omega or M.A.C.O. - or something along these lines that we can get to replace what the Omega and M.A.C.O. Impulse Engines used to do for us (Warp Speed wise.) The Romulan Rep store should get Sigularity Cores for use in the new/upcoming Romulan ships as well.

And this may sound like 'begging'; but I also think existing VA characters should at least get a free MkXI Blue (Rare) warp core - because come on, if these had been in the game from day one (Like MANY of us reqiested WAY BACK in 2009 closed beta) - we'd all have at least that, or something better by now. :)

[If you don't want to do this outright - maybe make the Tribble Test weekend reward a Warp Core instead of another Tribble, or in ADDITION to the Tholian Tribble. :D]

antrenos 04-02-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crypticarmsman (Post 8990631)
[If you don't want to do this outright - maybe make the Tribble Test weekend reward a Warp Core instead of another Tribble, or in ADDITION to the Tholian Tribble. :D]

Very much this. Give a proper reward for once for having playtested on Tribble, and people with come out in droves to test the new stuff. Maybe we can actually get a decent population on Tribble during testing :)

cptskeeteruk 04-02-2013 04:34 PM

Please.. If this isnt implimented yet please do so. Make it that the lights on the ship either flicker or go off if you remove a warp core from its slot. That or make the nacelles at least flicker and go off or somit. I so liked that kinda thing from st legacy i think it was that had it to some degree i.e stopped and the engines would dim, move and they lit up. :)

Btw about them being space drops, that kinda sounds meh to me. Would rather them only be purchasable from stores or rewards from missions or rep system etc. Dont like the idea of them being in drops because well 9 times out of 10 the warp core would be blown up along with the ship. At least tech to a degree is sorta salvagable hence why that isnt too bad.

amosov78 04-02-2013 04:43 PM

Can we have different types of matter/antimatter warp cores? Most Starfleet ships use deuterium, however in DS9 we found out that the KDF now use tritium in their warp cores. The reason I ask is that different types of cores could offer extra utility; the tritium warp core would offer a resistance to power drain effects for example.

thegreendragoon1 04-02-2013 05:01 PM

Still patching, but going over the notes, I'm kind of 'meh' on the very rare bonus. Normal batteries are pretty weak to begin with to the point of me rarely using them. I have a host of Emergency Power to X BO skills that far out perform anything batteries can do. It's certainly not enough for me to seek out a very rare warp core over a rare one.

I'll float the idea one last time, but I'd like to see warp cores used to swap BO slot/console slot layouts between similar ship types.

lordfuzun 04-02-2013 05:08 PM

Wait, WHAT?!?!?! Warp Cores??? ARGHHHH!!!! :eek:

I'm halfway done with rewriting my Ships Power Guide. And now I'm gonna have to scrape what I've done and start again?

Alright. If I must, I must. :cool: