Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Why is my purchase a zen under review? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=607031)

chronoss2012 04-03-2013 01:46 PM

Why is my purchase a zen under review?

never had this issue before? IF your not going to give it to me ill call the credit card company and have it taken back....

and i guess you can cancel the order im going to call visa right now.... I have heard of stories where people go weeks before they get there purchase .....i wanted ot get this done before new credit fees start in Canada....so i guess ill take it back and remove the cash form the card...you just cant get anything right in this game can you people.....
i love it, its neat when it works but its just not working right guess i should take my money elsewhere.....

considering its an automated process.....why are you putting me on a hold type process for review....
-------------------
Payment Review

Applies to: PayPal

If the status of your transaction shows as "Payment Review", it means that PayPal is going over your transaction with a fine-tooth comb. Payment Reviews usually take up to 24 hours to complete.
--------------------
I used visa and if this is an issue perhaps i should be calling visa?

----------------
edit note
situation resolved and ill say it thank you....and i do enjoy the game and i hope my bit helps...
and i hope everyone has a fun game....

anazonda 04-03-2013 01:50 PM

If they even have the slightest reason to suspect something fishy with your transaction, they will have it under review.

It's a good thing... Especially from a chineese owned company.

Basically it means that they won't take your money if they suspect foul play.

Sadly however, it also seems to mean that you will likely never be able to purchase zen again, if similar reports are an indication.

Personally I can't confirm or deny this, as all the CC info Cryptic/PWE has on me is a expired Visa (they switched to PWE 2 weeks before my card expired).

chronoss2012 04-03-2013 01:58 PM

fraud

oh like taking my money already according to visa....

my card doesn't expire till 2015 ......ive made lots of purchases even one yesterday....
and according to visa they took my cash already....so where is my zen.

i put 60 on this card to get 50 purchase...i wan tmy money back end of story

sasheria 04-03-2013 02:01 PM

It is a protected system more than likely your CC might be holding it up. When I did it via skrill, it is from the U.K. (and I'm in the U.S.) so my transaction was under review until I call them and said it was ok (after verifying it was me)

If it is via paypal, make sure the CC is secure with them or it may take a bit longer (especially if it is a new card)

chronoss2012 04-03-2013 02:05 PM

nope

wrong

card shows the transfer its this place taking it and not giving me the zen....

ive got the receipt right here....if they don't want to do busienss refund the money i promise ill never buy anything again and ill quit like they seem to want.
gee again issue after issue.

i tell ya this is one great game ya got ....typing is so fun to play

chronoss2012 04-03-2013 02:07 PM

I Used My Visa Card

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasheria (Post 9009901)
It is a protected system more than likely your CC might be holding it up. When I did it via skrill, it is from the U.K. (and I'm in the U.S.) so my transaction was under review until I call them and said it was ok (after verifying it was me)

If it is via paypal, make sure the CC is secure with them or it may take a bit longer (especially if it is a new card)

i used the visa and the visa shows the money being removed so tell me again its someone elses fault its exactly as usual only the people here are doing this for some reason?
no really its your game if you dont want me to play say so give me back my cash and ill go elsewhere to a place that has not these issues.

This is a joke...

thecosmic1 04-03-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anazonda (Post 9009581)
If they even have the slightest reason to suspect something fishy with your transaction, they will have it under review.

It's a good thing... Especially from a chineese owned company.

Keep in mind that PWE does not handle the transactions. Moneybookers/Skrill handles the transactions, and they are a European company.

thecosmic1 04-03-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronoss2012 (Post 9010051)
i used the visa and the visa shows the money being removed so tell me again its someone elses fault its exactly as usual only the people here are doing this for some reason?
no really its your game if you dont want me to play say so give me back my cash and ill go elsewhere to a place that has not these issues.

This is a joke...

Your Visa is probably showing that charge as pending - it looks withdrawn on your account but it has not been cleared yet. It's sitting in stasis waiting to be finalized. The CC company removes it from your available balance so that you do not accidentally over-charge when buying other things.

Anyway, if it's your first transaction, or your first large transaction, it will require time to clear. That time is to give the CC owner time to contact their CC company and declare it a fraudulent transaction. Once that time has elapsed the Zen will become available.

anazonda 04-03-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronoss2012 (Post 9010001)
wrong

card shows the transfer its this place taking it and not giving me the zen....

ive got the receipt right here....if they don't want to do busienss refund the money i promise ill never buy anything again and ill quit like they seem to want.
gee again issue after issue.

i tell ya this is one great game ya got ....typing is so fun to play

Yea... A transfer from your account has been made, but it's stored in a buffer somewhere untill the fishyness has been either confirmed or denied.

Think of it like this:

if($fishyTransaction == "Yes") {
functionRejectMoneyAndReturn();
} else {
functionEatYourMoneyAndLaugh();
}

(Disclaimer: Previous if-statment is entirely fictional, and may not represent actual fishyness evaluator)

It's actually pretty common practice.

chronoss2012 04-03-2013 02:26 PM

How i pay

goto scotia bank with draw money go put said money onto my prepaid visa card
then pay as i have done what 20 times before without incident.

IT shows 8 dollars left after this transaction .....
SO YOU TOOK MY MONEY i don't want ot hear excuses either refund IT or credit me.
good thing i didn't drop a 100 and this will teach me never to put money into the game, if legit people whom have never had any issues with there card are getting hassled....

so they decide to pull this crap after all the bugs and issue si had last week fishy indeed. sounds like a cop out ot me...either give my money back and ill go elsewhere and use a NON skrill system or give me the zen and lets get hunting and on with life.

its simple and iave all my legal receipts ...i'm disabled wiht bad back and home all time ....i dont drink or do drugs so i have more money to spare then most ...i wanted ot enjoy this game , and give some cash to it so the free to play can stay that way....i no longer feel that way...i feel abused ....cheated and ripped off and i might a played a few hours compared to beforei put money into the game....

in fact until i put money into the game i never had problems. SO its tell me and others not to give you any money cause you cant do the people that give it to you right.

no really whats the number of this European company whats the number of this chinese company ill call them.....

and i was going ot look into a subscription what that was about but now...with the bugs and issues im having ...you got to be kidding me ....someone mentioned star wars online maybe ill try it and see how that works....

go on look at payment history did any funds not go thorugh? did any money not work out?
like um HELLO....someone screwed up says right on payment page this is for paypal i used a visa.

again try and tell me how my money hasnt be taken i dont have it.....
-------------
more proof someone is defrauding me: EMAIL CONFIRMATION THEY TOOK MY MONEY
---------------
TRANSACTION CONFIRMATION

You have successfully made a payment to Perfect World Entertainment Inc. using your credit/debit card (VISA, 4xxxxxxxxxxx9163) on 03 Apr 2013.

The amount of USD 50.00 has successfully been debited from your credit/debit card.

This charge will appear on your card statement as a debit by: MB*Perfect World