Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Turn off Mirror Universe Event for 30 days, for new Romulan Faction! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=607651)

zztoppers 04-04-2013 12:00 AM

Turn off Mirror Universe Event for 30 days, for new Romulan Faction!

I know this Idea may be unpopular. But I believe since this is a new faction. And we are starting a new. It would be nice to experience in on a slow grind. Savor the time spent leveling a new character. After 30 days all bets are off. We are all in such a hurry to get where we are going. It might be nice to slow down and smell the flowers. Enjoy the lower levels and do some regular missions. Once you hit lvl 50 its all STFs and Romlulan and Fleet missions for the Reputation system.

Why not take our time?

aarons9 04-04-2013 12:06 AM

i actually agree.. MU xp gain is WAY TOO MUCH..

you can go from 1 to 50 in 3 or 4 days doing MU.
this is too fast..

so many people are level 50 and dont even know how to play because all they did was MU and doff.

you should only gain XP from story missions..

MU should be DIL ONLY.

azurianstar 04-04-2013 12:10 AM

With it being revealed that the CE will be for a "limited time only" and them adding a "Event Reputation" system (not true reputation system like Omega or Romulan), maybe the Mirror Event and several other events that fell out of favor might get the same treatment?

millimidget 04-04-2013 12:22 AM

So don't queue up for it.

I don't see the problem; I never did it while leveling my first character.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aarons9 (Post 9020561)
so many people are level 50 and dont even know how to play because all they did was MU and doff.

No, so many people are level 50 and don't even know how to play because they're bad gamers and couldn't be bothered to improve themselves.

dova25 04-04-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millimidget (Post 9020661)
So don't queue up for it.

I agree with that :) and also for both my chars I did all the episodes to level up.

rickpaaa 04-04-2013 12:50 AM

The Mirror Universe Event is crucial for gaining Expertise Points for my favor grind and fleet projects. We also need much much more ways to get EXP, because non-stop DOFFing doesn't help enough.

Quote:

i actually agree.. MU xp gain is WAY TOO MUCH..

this is too fast..

At most I can catch the MU event 3 times a week, and usually that is on a weekend. Also, it seems that the XP given has been toned down already. I guess if sleep, a job, or other worldly concerns are out of the way, you can make some good advancement in short order.

sopwithsnipe 04-04-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

this is too fast.

So what. I've been here since closed beta and there were level 50's running around before the headstart completed and the game went live. I know this for a fact because I was teaming with them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by millimidget (Post 9020661)
No, so many people are level 50 and don't even know how to play because they're bad gamers and couldn't be bothered to improve themselves.

Bingo. There will always be clueless power gamers that rushed to the level cap as fast as possible without ever learning how to play.

aarons9 04-04-2013 12:58 AM

yeah but if you were piped into the missions that tought you stuff it would be a lot better?

were talking level 50 players that don't know they can train boffs and just thought you had to buy ones that had the right skills..

zztoppers 04-04-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aarons9 (Post 9020931)
yeah but if you were piped into the missions that tought you stuff it would be a lot better?

were talking level 50 players that don't know they can train boffs and just thought you had to buy ones that had the right skills..

Try a purple Doff with Gravity well ability. Even on a Tac captain it is leathal!

tpalelena 04-04-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickpaaa (Post 9020821)
The Mirror Universe Event is crucial for gaining Expertise Points for my favor grind and fleet projects. We also need much much more ways to get EXP, because non-stop DOFFing doesn't help enough.

At most I can catch the MU event 3 times a week, and usually that is on a weekend. Also, it seems that the XP given has been toned down already. I guess if sleep, a job, or other worldly concerns are out of the way, you can make some good advancement in short order.

This. If you don't like it don't use it, nobody is pointing a tetryon minigun to your head and telling you to play or die.