Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Playing an romulan: faction or tutorial? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=608171)

pepatty 04-04-2013 10:30 AM

Playing an romulan: faction or tutorial?

The romulan will come as playable race.
What do you think?
Is there a new faction coming or will be playing the handfull new missions be simply an tutorial for a new playable race?

thecosmic1 04-04-2013 10:32 AM

You will get some new Missions, and access to some Fed or KDF Missions - depending on who you ally with. We don't know how many Missions. There's a new blog coming out today, in a couple of hours. Maybe that will give us more clues. :)

abaddon653 04-04-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepatty (Post 9031991)
The romulan will come as playable race.
What do you think?
Is there a new faction coming or will be playing the handfull new missions be simply an tutorial for a new playable race?

A little late to the party aren't ya? This has been discussed a dozen times over in the mega thread alone.

pepatty 04-04-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abaddon653 (Post 9032131)
A little late to the party aren't ya? This has been discussed a dozen times over in the mega thread alone.

I'm sure, one more discussion will be no harm to you. ;)

abaddon653 04-04-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepatty (Post 9032351)
I'm sure, one more discussion will be no harm to you. ;)

Oh I know, never had a thread jump out and stab me in the heart yet. Just be ready for the might of the Mods to come smashing down and wedge this in with the others. They seem to like doing that :D

commanderkassy 04-04-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecosmic1 (Post 9032081)
You will get some new Missions, and access to some Fed or KDF Missions - depending on who you ally with. We don't know how many Missions. There's a new blog coming out today, in a couple of hours. Maybe that will give us more clues. :)

False. They have their own dedicated storyline up until about level 40, at which point they move into the faction neutral stuff like the FEs and Undine content.

thecosmic1 04-04-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commanderkassy (Post 9032491)
False. They have their own dedicated storyline up until about level 40, at which point they move into the faction neutral stuff like the FEs and Undine content.

Having their own storyline doesn't mean they have enough independent missions to get to level 40 without some additional help - and we know they have access to their ally's missions.

markhawkman 04-04-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecosmic1 (Post 9032581)
Having their own storyline doesn't mean they have enough independent missions to get to level 40 without some additional help - and we know they have access to their ally's missions.

Only via team play.

thecosmic1 04-04-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markhawkman (Post 9035801)
Only via team play.

My understanding was the the Fed or KDF can only do Rom missions via team-play, but Roms can do Fed or KDF missions if they are allied with the Faction.

fernandojimenez 04-04-2013 11:56 AM

Romulans are FED and KDF playable races. Romulan story, ships and costumes don't make a faction. If you like new story, enjoy. If you like new ships, enjoy. If you like new costumes, enjoy. But dont call it faction because you are playing for FED or KDF, your starbase is FED or KDF, your Dutty system is FED or KDF, etc, etc.