Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Costume options? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=610981)

drowess 04-06-2013 12:36 AM

Costume options?
 
I'm returning after leaving the game shortly after launch. I was hoping that there would be more costume options on the Klingon side, but I didn't see anything new in the character creator other then the exclusive outfits the Orions get.

I'd like at a minimum to have a skirt. I've been to wiki and didn't see any. But I'd thought I'd ask here to see if there are any that aren't shown there, and can be gotten by playing the game.

warmaker001b 04-06-2013 12:52 AM

Uniform options between the Federation and Klingon factions in this game is a terrible mismatch in options. There just isn't enough for the KDF. Even the Orion and Nausicaans have limited options within their own unique clothing / "armor." You'd think after 3 years of release that this disparity would be lessened, but no. It hasn't even been looked at.

Uniform options for the KDF is literally the exact same as it was 3 months after STO came out in '09.

redshirtthefirst 04-06-2013 02:22 AM

I will highly agree with that statement. I was a lil' bored last night and tried to create a TOS-era klingon female... no need to bother since all the choice for a top was the "platted bra" with or without fur. I stopped right there and dropped my own plan... Seeing all these NPCs with gorgeous attire is such a tease...

ankokuneko 04-06-2013 02:37 AM

there are 2 kdf skirts, warriors skirt and warriors decorated skirt, which cost 100 lobi or about 10M ec from exchange

majesticmsfc 04-06-2013 04:08 AM

In fact I am more eager to see costumes than ships for the KDF, yes a true science line and some better cruisers and a fix of the pivot for the Raptor line are needed, but costumes are so limited then it makes my eye bleed.

I am hoping in May to get new uniforms but not counting on it. Skirts are a really desire for a lot of KDF fans I have talked too as are more clothing options in general that aren't restricted by race. In all honestly I think KDF aliens and purchased species (Joined Trill and Feresan) should have access to all species uniforms. Just my opinion on the matter.

drowess 04-06-2013 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankokuneko (Post 9077211)
there are 2 kdf skirts, warriors skirt and warriors decorated skirt, which cost 100 lobi or about 10M ec from exchange

Not sure what lobi are, but I doubt I'll make that many credits in the time I plan to spend here. I might just stick with the Orion I made once I play a few levels on the Fed side to get used to the game. My original character on this side is bugged anyway. I can't access the bank or exchange.

Wonder why they made exclusive race armor when this side lacks customization.


Thanks for the replies.

majesticmsfc 04-06-2013 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drowess (Post 9077651)
Not sure what lobi are, but I doubt I'll make that many credits in the time I plan to spend here. I might just stick with the Orion I made once I play a few levels on the Fed side to get used to the game. My original character on this side is bugged anyway. I can't access the bank or exchange.

Wonder why they made exclusive race armor when this side lacks customization.


Thanks for the replies.

Lobi comes from the lock boxes which requires a key bough from the c-store. Everything (more or less) from the lobi store is character bound as is the lobi itself from the boxes. It was something brought in after Cryptic was bought by Perfect World and isn't very popular by the forum goers here, but seems enough players buy and play the lotto system for them to continue doing it.

drowess 04-06-2013 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majesticmsfc (Post 9077881)
Lobi comes from the lock boxes which requires a key bough from the c-store. Everything (more or less) from the lobi store is character bound as is the lobi itself from the boxes. It was something brought in after Cryptic was bought by Perfect World and isn't very popular by the forum goers here, but seems enough players buy and play the lotto system for them to continue doing it.

:mad: I hate lockboxes. I don't care what is in them, I won't support them with real money. It boggles my mind why people are willing to throw money at a chance for an item.

shpoks 04-06-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drowess (Post 9077651)
My original character on this side is bugged anyway. I can't access the bank or exchange.

Just in case you were not aware of this, the axis on the Klingon bank/exchange consoles is off the charts :D and you have to approach on the right-side on the console in order to get access to exchange/banking services. It doesn't react on the whole surface like the Fed. ones unfortunately.

If you knew this, please disregard this post. Maybe your char. is really bugged, I wanted to leave this here just in case you didn't knew about the issue with Klingon bank/exchange consoles. ;)

goldenlion619 04-06-2013 11:00 AM

More options for costumes would probally make KDF players more happy then playing a repainted blue espiode. I would like to see more options for other KDF races, thats a big thing for me. We haven't seen everything yet coming in the expansion, there might be hope yet.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:19 AM.