Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   State of the... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=612021)

teklionbenrasha 04-07-2013 06:29 AM

State of the...

Leonard Nimoy currently narrates "State of the Federation." Because the KDF were the later-start faction, they didn't have a "State of the Empire", but it seems reasonable that they'd need it. And there's speculation over Denise Crosby narrating the Romulan introduction.

My suggestion, then is...
Michael Dorn as Worf, narrating "State of the Empire."

bugspatteredjack 04-07-2013 06:38 AM

I support this! OR Christopher Plummer who Played Change in STVI, The Undiscovered Country! :D

jermbot 04-07-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teklionbenrasha (Post 9092411)
Leonard Nimoy currently narrates "State of the Federation." Because the KDF were the later-start faction, they didn't have a "State of the Empire", but it seems reasonable that they'd need it. And there's speculation over Denise Crosby narrating the Romulan introduction.

My suggestion, then is...
Michael Dorn as Worf, narrating "State of the Empire."

But Worf is a total loaf.

I suggest Jeffrey Combs to narrate all "States of the [Faction]" from this day forward. Command Shran the Fourteenth telling us about the state of the Federation makes about as much sense as Spock. Weyoun could narrate "State of the Dominion." Liquidator Brunt would be the clear choice for "State of the Ferengi Economy." And for "State of the Empire..." huh, I don't think Combs ever played a Klingon.

For "State of the Empire" we'll have to compromise on our integrity and get Jeffrey Combs to do his best Christopher Lloyd impression.

sudoku7 04-07-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jermbot (Post 9092561)
But Worf is a total loaf.

I suggest Jeffrey Combs to narrate all "States of the [Faction]" from this day forward. Command Shran the Fourteenth telling us about the state of the Federation makes about as much sense as Spock. Weyoun could narrate "State of the Dominion." Liquidator Brunt would be the clear choice for "State of the Ferengi Economy." And for "State of the Empire..." huh, I don't think Combs ever played a Klingon.

For "State of the Empire" we'll have to compromise on our integrity and get Jeffrey Combs to do his best Christopher Lloyd impression.

Although, it would be hilariously awesome if the State of the Empire VO was just Lloyd's "GET OUT" line over and over again.

milesvaugn 04-07-2013 07:17 AM

Christopher Allen Lloyd, aka Dr. Emmett "Doc" Brown and Commander Kruge, is alive & perfectly capable of doing his own voice work. Just sayin'.

anazonda 04-07-2013 07:26 AM

BAH...

Tony Todd aka. Kurn is the obvious choice over all the above... His story telling voice is 10x more powerful than any of the ones mentioned above... They fade in comparison.

Just watch the DS9 episode "The Visitor".

errab 04-07-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anazonda (Post 9093111)
BAH...

Tony Todd aka. Kurn is the obvious choice over all the above... His story telling voice is 10x more powerful than any of the ones mentioned above... They fade in comparison.

Just watch the DS9 episode "The Visitor".

Agreed,

Tony Todd has a powerful voice and I'm sure he would be quite reasonable with his compensation request.

cyberpunkfalcon 04-07-2013 07:52 AM

Michael Dorn might be too expensive for Cryptic

gstamo01 04-07-2013 07:53 AM

J.G. Hertzler (doubt they could afford him)

nuff said

anazonda 04-07-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gstamo01 (Post 9093311)
J.G. Hertzler (doubt they could afford him)

nuff said

He's kinda dead STO wise... Then again.. Guess technically so is Spock (more or less... him being in a paralell universe and all).