Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Romulan dual heavies (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=613821)

valkarie14 04-08-2013 05:00 PM

Romulan dual heavies
 
Are they worth getting? I only noticed them the other day and i see they have plasma and disruptor proc, i like disruptor and i have started the rep to get the dual heavies but wondered if anyone has then and can tell me what they think?

catoblepasbeta 04-08-2013 05:22 PM

They are pretty nice. I have an armitage with 2dhc, romulan plasma torp, experimental beam, three turrets, and an elite scorpion. works like a charm.

dauntlessf05 04-08-2013 05:28 PM

I've finished the rep project for it the romulan DHC's, and I honestly don't think its worth the 28k of dil for each one. I was kinda mad that I wasted 500 rommie marks on the project lol.

IIRC, the top Rommie DHC (in terms of DPS) was DMG x2 where you can get Fleet Plasma DHC with DMG x3 and CritD for 10k dil and some fleet credits


I'm personally using the Fleet Plasma DHC and love them. Other people might have a different opinion, but my goal is high DPS with a little bonus to Crit.

Hope this helps :D

lianthelia 04-08-2013 05:35 PM

To each is own, I like them but like its been said for some they just aren't worth the price.

valkarie14 04-08-2013 05:54 PM

Well i was going to buy fleet disruptors but i do like plasma and when i saw these combined and seen how effective against the borg they are and i think they might be worth it

catoblepasbeta 04-08-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dauntlessf05 (Post 9124921)
I've finished the rep project for it the romulan DHC's, and I honestly don't think its worth the 28k of dil for each one. I was kinda mad that I wasted 500 rommie marks on the project lol.

IIRC, the top Rommie DHC (in terms of DPS) was DMG x2 where you can get Fleet Plasma DHC with DMG x3 and CritD for 10k dil and some fleet credits


I'm personally using the Fleet Plasma DHC and love them. Other people might have a different opinion, but my goal is high DPS with a little bonus to Crit.

Hope this helps :D

Well, if you are in a Fleet without access to all those shiny fleet equipment pieces, the Romulan Equipment is the obvious chocie, since you can get everything easily solo.

sander233 04-08-2013 06:01 PM

I use them on my MV Advanced Escort for eSTFs. They rock out loud.

valkarie14 04-08-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sander233 (Post 9125331)
I use them on my MV Advanced Escort for eSTFs. They rock out loud.

Whats eSTFs? You mean the fleet plasma or the romulan dual heavies?

dauntlessf05 04-08-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catoblepasbeta (Post 9125311)
Well, if you are in a Fleet without access to all those shiny fleet equipment pieces, the Romulan Equipment is the obvious chocie, since you can get everything easily solo.

This is true, good point.

sparhawk 04-08-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valkarie14 (Post 9125501)
Whats eSTFs? You mean the fleet plasma or the romulan dual heavies?

Elite Special Task Force missions.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:33 PM.