Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Dreadnaught Cruiser Saucer Seperation (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=613851)

scimitar2 04-08-2013 05:32 PM

Dreadnaught Cruiser Saucer Seperation

Just wondering...what ever happened to them releasing this?

sparhawk 04-08-2013 05:41 PM

I don't really remember anymore. I know a developer commented on it months ago though. I forget if it was a technical problem or a marketing problem (i.e. do people who own both the Galaxy-X and Galaxy-R get the updated ship for free or a discount). I'm sure someone around here remembers the details.

thecosmic1 04-08-2013 05:42 PM

There were problems with the mechanics of the lance, and then they had animation issues with how the saucer would align when rejoining - it clipped through the 3rd nacelle. That is the last I remember hearing about it.

jcsww 04-08-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecosmic1 (Post 9125151)
There were problems with the mechanics of the lance, and then they had animation issues with how the saucer would align when rejoining - it clipped through the 3rd nacelle. That is the last I remember hearing about it.

How does this differ from the insame amount of clipping issues with just about every costume in the game, amoung many others?

thecosmic1 04-08-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcsww (Post 9125171)
How does this differ from the insame amount of clipping issues with just about every costume in the game, amoung many others?

That would be a question for the art department. :)

tangolight 04-08-2013 06:28 PM

In a related vein, I also know they were working on being able to saucer separate and MVAE separate while in motion. I wonder what happened to that also?

kimmym 04-08-2013 07:51 PM

Every so often we get another sound byte that indicates they are closer to having it all ready. While it really has been going on for some time, this recent bug with the separation ships gives me hope they are actually really doing something with it, and some less-than-ready portion of it slipped on to live...

I can dream, can't I?

khayuung 04-08-2013 08:13 PM

Maybe, maybe not.

What I'm afraid of is the nerfs we'll be taking in order to separate the saucer.

hypl 04-08-2013 08:21 PM

If clipping is such a problem (from the looks of it, not that much), why not just have the saucer re-dock with the stardrive section in reverse from the front?

It might look a bit silly, but hell at this point, that doesn't really matter these days. :rolleyes:

nelson2014 04-08-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypl (Post 9126871)
If clipping is such a problem (from the looks of it, not that much), why not just have the saucer re-dock with the stardrive section in reverse from the front?

It might look a bit silly, but hell at this point, that doesn't really matter these days. :rolleyes:

I agree!!!