Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Fleet Chat Broken (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=614351)

buddha1369 04-09-2013 09:51 AM

Fleet Chat Broken

Every time I log in the only character who can access their fleet chat is whoever I play as first.

But thats not all. Not only do none of my other characters have the option to select fleet chat, but they can not see their respective fleet chat.

It gets better. ALL of my characters, KDF and FED, can see my first characters fleet chat in real time. And none of them can use their own.

Help?

mbp101287 04-09-2013 07:14 PM

From the chat configuration window, you can either click the refresh button, or add the fleet channel again.

buddha1369 04-10-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbp101287 (Post 9144081)
From the chat configuration window, you can either click the refresh button, or add the fleet channel again.

Thanks. Just tried that, I can select the "Fleet" channel in the dropdown menu now but when I use it I get "[System] [Failed] Not in a fleet." Same for all my characters, and they all still can see the same fleet chat.

Also when I log in/change instance/enter an area/etc... I get three messages:
[System] Joined channel "Fleet."
[System] Joined channel "Zone."
[System] Left channel "Fleet."
So I am apprently joining the channel and immediately being kicked.

rvgmuffinman 04-10-2013 12:02 PM

Are you using the "change character" option? If yes, click on "logout", then log back in and choose the other character that you want to use.

dkratasco 04-11-2013 04:50 AM

Or simple use /f to type on Fleet channel.

nicha0 04-11-2013 06:26 AM

Don't worry, bugs that affect every player in the game aren't a priority. Its only been this way since S7 started, and it only affects people daily. If you keep threads up like this they might even have to acknowledge that its a problem they'll think about fixing sometime after the next season, lockbox, season after that

tinead51 04-11-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicha0 (Post 9166581)
Don't worry, bugs that affect every player in the game aren't a priority. Its only been this way since S7 started, and it only affects people daily. If you keep threads up like this they might even have to acknowledge that its a problem they'll think about fixing sometime after the next season, lockbox, season after that

Harsh,but so true. There's no monetary value in doing it... ;)

xcom43 04-11-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicha0 (Post 9166581)

That has been the issue since launch lol not season 7.I started right after beta.