Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   [Legacy of Romulus] Emergency Power to X being updated on Tribble (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=615701)

verlaine11 04-10-2013 03:26 PM

[Legacy of Romulus] Emergency Power to X being updated on Tribble

For those who have not noticed it yet the Emergency powers are going to be updated

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=615651

Systems:
Updated "Emergency Power" Bridge Officer Abilities:

The Emergency Power category of abilities has been tuned so that all four abilities are closer in utility to one another.

The duration of all Emergency Power buffs has been standardized at 20 seconds.

Emergency Power to Engines:
Increased the Flight Speed bonus of Rank 2 and Rank 3 of this ability.
Increased the duration of the Flight Speed bonus from 5 seconds up to 20 seconds.
This ability now also gives a small flat added value to Turn Speed.

Emergency Power to Auxiliary:
Modified the tooltip to display the actual amount of Starship Stealth Detection given by this ability.
This ability now gives a skill bonus to Starship Particle Generators, Starship Graviton Generators, and Subspace Decompiler for 20 seconds when used.
The Stealth and Stealth Detection attributes of this power now last 20 seconds, up from 5 seconds.

Emergency Power to Shields:
The Shield Damage Resistance and Shield Regeneration attributes of this power now last 20 seconds, down from 30 seconds.

Emergency Power to Weapons:
The Energy Weapon damage bonus of this power now lasts 20 seconds, up from 5 seconds.

The Weapon one is very much liked by me but the biggest downer is the Shields one

f2pdrakron 04-10-2013 03:43 PM

It was always ridiculous that they could me made to last forever by dueling them, a downtimer was required.

Lets hope they go after the next problematic mechanic, drain.

pantsmaster916 04-10-2013 03:51 PM

C'mon... 3 different threads on this already?

bitemepwe 04-10-2013 03:57 PM

I like the changes to EPTE and EPTA.

EPTS changes?.
Meh. It will make timing more important though some will continue to cycle it even with a dead space now.

EPTW, I like the duration increase though believe that putting emergency power to weapons should also help reduce drain.

bitemepwe 04-10-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 (Post 9157121)
C'mon... 3 different threads on this already?

First Ive heard of it.
Got links to the others?

pwebranflakes 04-10-2013 05:11 PM

Please leave your feedback about these changes in this thread, including results of any testing. The systems team will be checking in on this thread often and will read and consider your feedback.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

guriphu 04-10-2013 05:27 PM

The EPTS changes will penalize players with less skill very heavily while leaving players with lots of skill more or less as they are now. It may well be a good balance decision, but at the same time I worry that it is a poor game design decision for STO, where the difficulty curve is already extraordinarily steep.

I like the idea of normalizing the effects to a single duration, but I think it would be wiser to normalize them all at 30 seconds, specifically so that they are all chainable back to back, and therefore do not add to the already overwhelmingly complex and mentally taxing nature of high-end STO play.

superherofan 04-10-2013 05:38 PM

Can you please, please, pretty please add a tractor break to Emergency Power to Engines? I really think it would add utility to the power and the Engineering branch should have a power that does it.

sunfrancks 04-10-2013 05:40 PM

It is like the devs are trying to add some balance to the game, but from our point of view it looks like someone wildly swinging and trying to hit a pinata, missing 9 out of 10 hits....

Not sure why the EPTS Nerf was necessary. I have the suspicion they want to nerf Tactical and Science captains, where as Engineers have their captain ability to plug the gap.

virusdancer 04-10-2013 05:53 PM

I'll quote my post from this thread ( http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?p=9158771 ) here then (and delete this part from there):

Quote:

Originally Posted by virusdancer (Post 9158771)
.../snip

applied to something else in that thread

.../snip

I know the focus is somewhat on EPtS/EPtW... the thing that stands out to me though is the EPtA.

Consider the following, eh?

Fleet Nimbus
125 Aux Power
9 in Sensors (99 Sensors)
5x Mk XII VR Sensor Probes (+30 Sensors each)
Astrophysicist Trait (+10 Sensors)
Ionized Gas Sensor (+19 Sensors)
Jem'Hadar Deflector Mk XI (+1.5% StealthSight - yes, it's bugged - tooltip says +1.0%)

Say you've got 9 EPS...and...maybe some EPS boosting gear as well.

So now you hit EPtA1/2/3? You hit Sensor Scan?

Look at what your Stealth Detection Rating is going to be for 20s.

Sure, you're going to eat the CD on Sensor Scan - but you'll have that 20s of the EPtA every 30s.

Because you're in a Sci Vessel, that 125 Aux starts you off with 150 Stealth Detection Rating. You'll have an additional 417 SDR from your 278 Sensors. So you're base SDR so far is 567. Let's add in the 150 SDR from the Jem Deflector (yes, should be 100 - but it's bugged - pull it/put it back - tada)...so now we're at 717 SDR.

For this example, I'll just use the EPtA1, eh? So that's another +100 SDR for 20s now. So we're at 817 SDR.

What about the Sensor Scan III? It provides a base +2.5% StealthSight that is modified based on Sensors Skill. With 278 Sensors, we'd be looking at +9.45% (might be 9.4 or 9.5 depending on how the system rounds - but we don't care about that) StealthSight...or...an additional 945 SDR - taking us to: 1762 SDR

But wait, what does that mean?

Going with the unskilled, 50 Aux, standard cloak guy - they've got a Stealth Rating of 4975.

What's our perception during those 20s with the EPtA1 and Scan3? 5881.

Where did that number come from?
Perception = 5000 * (1 + (SDR/10000))
Perception = 5000 * (1 + (1762/10000))
Perception = 5000 * 1.1762 = 5881

5881 - 4975 = 906 / 50 = 18.12

What's that 18.12? That's the distance we can see that guy at: 18.12 km.

Okay, let's say the guy's trying to be super sneaky instead of just that standard guy, eh?

9 Stealth
3x +30 Stealth Modules
125 Aux Power
Reman Advanced Deflector Mk XII
Rom Subterfuge BOFF

So that's going to be...

4925 base Stealth Value
49.5 Stealth Value from character skills
45 Stealth Value from consoles
125 Stealth Value from Aux Power
30 Stealth Value from the Reman Deflector (not showing on the Cloak tooltip - bugged?)
100 Stealth Value from the BOFF

...giving us a Stealth Value of 5274.5 or so.

Let's compare our Snooper vs. our Sneaker:

5881 - 5274.5 = 606.5 / 50 = 12.13 km.

So for 20s, our Snooper can see our Sneaker out over 12 km.

But wait, Sensor Scan has a 2min CD. What would it look like with just the 20s of EPtA1?

5408.5 - 5274.5 = 134 / 50 = 2.68 km.

20s out of every 30s. Used to 5s out of every 30s.

20s @ 2.68 km.
10s @ 1.68 km.

It would be a little better with EPtA2 and EPtA3.

Guesstimate it as 3.18/2.18 for EPtA2 and 3.68/2.68 for EPtA3.

Those numbers may not look that large, but that's Super Snooper vs. Super Sneaker (and not even the best possible for either)...what are the odds that the Tac BoP is going to have anywhere near that Stealth Value compared to the Sci in the Sci that's tired of getting ganked having that Perception Value?

The Sci Snooper with EPtA3 vs. the unskilled/no console Tac BoP that might be ~50 Aux?

~9.67 km...without the Sensor Scan. 20s out of every 30s if they choose.

footnote: Keep in mind, that was just with VR Mk XII Sensor Probes - not UR Mk XII Romulan Sensor Probes. It was just with the Mk XI bugged Jem Deflector and not with the Mk XII Jem Deflector (not sure what the actual numbers are there). Not sure if the Reman Mk XII Deflector is just a tooltip bug. Could have probably used the Romulan Mk XII Deflector for +2% StealthSight if it's working. Didn't use UR Mk XII Romulan Stealth consoles. Didn't use QSM for Sensor skill. Didn't use a Nebula & Co. Etc, etc, etc. This was just a quick example.