Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   We Need Visible CE cooldown to know when shard is available. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=618311)

bigsalgo911 04-11-2013 04:07 PM

Crystal Shard cooldown?

I could be blind but I don't see it answered anywhere, how am I to know when I'm eligible to get my next crystal shard? The event has a 30 min cooldown, but I don't see a timer anywhere showing me when I'm eligible to get another shard. Does such a thing exist? Is it a 20 hour cooldown, or is it once per calendar day? If someone can please point me to where that information exists I'd appreciate it. If it doesn't exist, can a dev please clarify (if one is on)?

denizenvi 04-11-2013 04:11 PM

I recall a Dev post has mentioned a 20 hour cooldown. So just remember you can do it again 4 hours earlier than you did the day before.

I'll take a look through the dev tracker and see if I can link it.

bigsalgo911 04-11-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denizenvi (Post 9180931)
The Dev Blogs have mentioned a 20 hour cooldown. So just remember you can do it again 4 hours earlier than you did the day before.

Not that I don't believe you, but where is this information posted? It's not in the patch notes or the 'event details' link in the patch notes which linked to the dev blog about it.

denizenvi 04-11-2013 04:19 PM

I was just going to update my post with the link (that's why I mentioned I'd be looking in a separate line). But here it is:

Redshirt Patch Notes

Quote:

Updated the mouseover text for the shard inputs on the event reputation to note that you can gain 1 shard per 20 hours.
Presumably this update is coming to the live server soon, so it will be clearer. But it sounds like the functionality was already there, the tooltip just was added to the test server recently.

bigsalgo911 04-11-2013 04:20 PM

Great, thanks. I would never have looked at redshirt patch notes.

jam3s1701 04-11-2013 04:31 PM

It's great ONCE a day for shards

Which sucks as tbh you have to play for 14 day or you get NO rewards for the shards otherwise

So people make sure you do the 14 days or your remaining shards will be worthless

jheinig 04-11-2013 04:43 PM

It should also be explained in Admiral Yanishev's briefing in the map itself, and in the mouseover tooltip text for the crystal shards on the event reputation.

fraghul2000 04-11-2013 05:55 PM

Timer on the CE?

Normally events or missions with a 20-hour cooldown, like the old IORs, the Q-Event, Tau Dewa patrol ect... had the remaining cooldown displayed after turning in in the related quest. The CE event doesn't have something like that. So...

Is there any way we can see ingame how much cooldown is left on that timer?

aexrael 04-11-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jheinig (Post 9181481)
It should also be explained in Admiral Yanishev's briefing in the map itself, and in the mouseover tooltip text for the crystal shards on the event reputation.

There's no time to read that in game(it's huge amounts of text), the mission is already in progress when the map loads. The ideal thing would have been to set a timer before the entity appears, 30 seconds or something. This would also let everyone load in before the event starts.

captainleavitt 04-11-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aexrael (Post 9183121)
There's no time to read that in game(it's huge amounts of text), the mission is already in progress when the map loads. The ideal thing would have been to set a timer before the entity appears, 30 seconds or something. This would also let everyone load in before the event starts.

I agree, or it could be viewed before you jump into a match. that would be preferred.