Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Useful loading screens (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=619041)

marshalericdavid 04-13-2013 11:07 AM

Useful loading screens

I would like to see loading screens provide useful information for the specific STF missions people are loading up. I am tired of people who are new to some missions entering the ground Elite missions with no idea what so ever of what to do and what equipment should be used.

baddmoonrizin 04-13-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshalericdavid (Post 9207841)
I would like to see loading screens provide useful information for the specific STF missions people are loading up. I am tired of people who are new to some missions entering the ground Elite missions with no idea what so ever of what to do and what equipment should be used.

Loading screens don't stay up long enough to impart that kind of information. Isn't that what the Mission Briefing is for? And the Wiki?

marshalericdavid 04-13-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baddmoonrizin (Post 9208051)
Loading screens don't stay up long enough to impart that kind of information. Isn't that what the Mission Briefing is for? And the Wiki?

It is true they don't stay up long but having a single useful tip like saying the Borg Workers in The Cure Applied need to be killed to prevent the from shutting down the generator would be a example of a useful tip as well as recommend having a melee weapon available to use. I have been in that elite mission with people who ignored the drones and apparently had their chat closed so they could not hear me telling them to kill the workers.

Most people don't use wiki and don't read a large text of from mission briefings. A short tip on the loading screen could do wonders I think.

neoakiraii 04-13-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshalericdavid (Post 9208111)
It is true they don't stay up long but having a single useful tip like saying the Borg Workers in The Cure Applied need to be killed to prevent the from shutting down the generator would be a example of a useful tip as well as recommend having a melee weapon available to use. I have been in that elite mission with people who ignored the drones and apparently had their chat closed so they could not hear me telling them to kill the workers.

Most people don't use wiki and don't read a large text of from mission briefings. A short tip on the loading screen could do wonders I think.

And you think it being on the loading screen is going to fix that, I don't think so.

marshalericdavid 04-13-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoakiraii (Post 9208231)
And you think it being on the loading screen is going to fix that, I don't think so.

I do think their are some people it would still not help but their are some that it would. If it even helped reduce the problem by say 5% of the time it is a success in my book.

akpa 04-14-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshalericdavid (Post 9208361)
I do think their are some people it would still not help but their are some that it would. If it even helped reduce the problem by say 5% of the time it is a success in my book.

i'm agree with you. many games have tips in the loading screen. and in sto we see the loading very often. bisides it's harmless.

ps: for those with low pc loading screen stay a while

jkstocbr 04-14-2013 01:54 AM

Or at the least destination specific images. eg Loading ESD space should show ESD.