Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Crash To Desktop - Fatal error caused by dtat compression error no. 6719096 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=62021)

Archived Post 01-14-2010 10:37 AM

SHOWSTOPPER:Crash To Desktop-Fatal error caused by data compression error no. 6719096

Anyone else getting this?

It seems to be getting worse

Never had it till today - now since the patch? Its happening every couple of minutes when im on ground in a populated instance

11 times today

Archived Post 01-14-2010 03:46 PM

Seems to be a pattern...

Every time i have to engage in ground activity (be it at sol station buying, selling, receiving tier rewards etc) or in episodes that involve it - if it involves other players in any number, then it will fatally CTD

Same error - everytime

Its now so bad that i cant even log back into the game - been trying for half an hour

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...406/error2.jpg

So to reiterate:

I cant test half the game
I cant group effectively unless its a fleet action or a space based episode exclusively
I cant log back in when i do get the error

Windows Vista 32
Nvidia 7800GTS (fully updated drivers - updated last week)
Plenty of Gig, plenty of dual processing power

If you need anymore specific info? There are over 15 cryptic error log reports sent (some with other screenies) and you can contact me via forum mail

Archived Post 01-14-2010 05:32 PM

I am getting the same thing as well and havnt been able to load earth space dock where my toon is. I know alot of others have had this problem as well. sometimes if I reinstall it will work for awhile until I go back to Earth Space dock then same thing again. Game Over for me until this gets fixed im afraid.:mad:

Archived Post 01-14-2010 05:47 PM

i get the same error but i cant get out of the character creation, i have no idea what to do either

Archived Post 01-14-2010 07:27 PM

I got this same error and was able to fix it. If you can, search the crash logs and find out which file(s) were being accessed at the timestamp of the crash. I wasn't able to determine which file it was so I deleted all of my "hogg" files in the "piggs" folder -- I actually deleted the entire folder.

Next, re-run the launcher. The launcher should trigger itself to automatically re-download the files you deleted. The entire piggs folder is very large -- it was a 10gig download for me. I haven't had any issues with getting a fatal error since I did these steps.

PM me if you need more info.

Archived Post 01-14-2010 07:38 PM

10 gigs will take 3 days to download, theres gotta be a better fix for this

Archived Post 01-15-2010 01:51 AM

I'll see how i get on today...

Always quiet when its mainly just the europeans on (9-2pm GMT) but then gets really BAD after that

If it doesn't work when its "peak server" time? then ill use the workaround...

But im with the other poster - there has to be a better way as im not sure i can see any paying subscribers wanting to go through this process (10gig is a lot to ask to delete, reinstall). Especially if they arent technically literate in the PC deptmnt!

Hopefully this will get somewhere on the "to fix before launch" list :)

Archived Post 01-15-2010 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decker2046
I'll see how i get on today...

Always quiet when its mainly just the europeans on (9-2pm GMT) but then gets really BAD after that

If it doesn't work when its "peak server" time? then ill use the workaround...

But im with the other poster - there has to be a better way as im not sure i can see any paying subscribers wanting to go through this process (10gig is a lot to ask to delete, reinstall). Especially if they arent technically literate in the PC deptmnt!

Hopefully this will get somewhere on the "to fix before launch" list :)

Sure enough...

Fine between 9 - 5pm GMT

Then head back to sol station? Boom! Game over. Literally

Archived Post 01-15-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decker2046
Sure enough...

Fine between 9 - 5pm GMT

Then head back to sol station? Boom! Game over. Literally

Anyone know where id find those hogg and pigg files?

I DL'd via steam preorder and it all went to default location but every search im doing for them is drawing a blank :(

Crashing to desktop with a fatal error in every ground instance of more than 2 people... Not good

Archived Post 01-15-2010 11:04 AM

I just started getting this today... I have been fine since OB began, until about an hour ago, and same situation...

Only happens when I am on ground missions, with a team and people around, then blam, CTD, with the error log window appearing, then a complete file scan to get logged back in...

Starting to occur more frequently... first one was 20mins or so from second, hen 2nd to 3rd was maybe 5mins, 3rd to 4th was maybe 2 miins...

/shrug :(