Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Fleet Galaxy-X? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=621991)

centersolace 04-16-2013 01:48 PM

Fleet Galaxy-X?
 
Where is it?

smokeybacon90 04-17-2013 06:14 AM

It will probably arrive in the same update as game balance.

westx211 04-17-2013 06:18 AM

Its supposed to come out before the may update along with the saucer separation ability.

dalnar83 04-17-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 (Post 9255831)
It will probably arrive in the same update as game balance.

That was NOT funny. :P

emacsheadroom 04-17-2013 06:25 AM

It won't be worth flying anyway since you'll be locked into using phasers on it because of phaser lance. No versatility whatsoever. No phased polarons, no awesome Romulan disruptors, no refracting tetryons. All because it's only main ability (the whole reason for using the ship in the first place) would be gimped to uselessness if you don't cram on those phaser relays.

westx211 04-17-2013 06:36 AM

I don't see how only using phasers would make it not worth it to fly.

neo1nx 04-17-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 (Post 9255831)
It will probably arrive in the same update as game balance.

bwahahahahahaha! ho man you got me here!!:D:D
hahahahaha! ho stop! please....let me breathe....i can't...breathe!

stop saying things like that! you want to kill me?:)

Quote:

It won't be worth flying anyway since you'll be locked into using phasers on it because of phaser lance. No versatility whatsoever. No phased polarons, no awesome Romulan disruptors, no refracting tetryons. All because it's only main ability (the whole reason for using the ship in the first place) would be gimped to uselessness if you don't cram on those phaser relays.
well, it will still make it better than what it is now ( and i known it not difficult).
and frankly ( just my opinion) i think that we are the one that nerfing ourselves by restricting this ship to phaser weapons really.
yes take a real look about it, forcing ourselves to use phaser just to boost a weapons that miss 8 time on 10 and that is available at best every 3 minutes.
maybe it time that we change our views on this thing ( unless they changed it mechanic to make it a reliable weapons)

edalgo 04-17-2013 06:41 AM

Oh i cant wait. I don't even want the saucer separation. I'm doing pretty well in PVP right now without it. You'd be surprised to see how quickly I can get my weapons to bare.

LtCmdr Tac slot, 4th tac console, marginal hull & shield mod increase and I'd be more than thrilled with it.

I'm okay with sticking with phaser weapons... If used properly that's all you need.

emacsheadroom 04-17-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neo1nx (Post 9256111)
yes take a real look about it, forcing ourselves to use phaser just to boost a weapons that miss 8 time on 10 and that is available at best every 3 minutes.
maybe it time that we change our views on this thing ( unless they changed it mechanic to make it a reliable weapons)

The problem is that if you intend to use non-phaser weapons on the Fleet Dreadnought, I guarantee that you'd be more effective using the Fleet Excelsior or Fleet Assault Cruiser instead, because they are guaranteed to move and turn faster and will probably have similar boff and console layouts.

doffingcomrade 04-17-2013 07:19 AM

Fleet Gal-X will suck just like all other cruisers in S8 when they nerf EPTx. So don't get too hyped. Cruisers are Dead. They were sort of on life support before, but now they're pulling the plug.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:17 PM.