Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   post from a fleet mate regarding the updates to Crystaline Entity (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=624251)

carrisra 04-18-2013 09:15 AM

post from a fleet mate regarding the updates to Crystaline Entity
 
Icarus


We strive for a sense of realism in games.


We fly too close to the sun as a matter of course.


We hope to come out the other side unscathed, and the stories we tell afterwards are supposed to be epic.


Is flying into a planet any less. (well actually it is)


Whiteout of sensor in a planets atmosphere was an interesting effect. I've experienced it often when playing crystalline entity missions. I never felt disadvantaged by it. It was something to avoid, true, but it was something that I felt was intrinsic to the mission. You fly to close to the sun, you get burnt.


You still had target lock, you could still ?see? people, you just had to deal with the whiteout of your sensors.


This was not a bad thing. It added to the uniqueness of the mission.


I fly a beam cruiser. I circle the CE, and pick off targets of opportunity. I've had this effect regularly. This is not a bad thing. You've apparently taken it out. With the latest patch. I'd like it reinstated in the interest of storytelling, and dramatic license.


This might add a few more tactics to the game as well. Please don't delete atmosphere flare completely. And please reinstate it in the missions it makes sense.


Yours hopefully


Slightlyjaded

futurepastnow 04-18-2013 11:20 AM

Somebody didn't read today's patch notes.

kyeto13 04-18-2013 12:13 PM

They are not getting rid of the atmosphere burn, they are just moving the Entity to a higher orbit.

snoggymack22 04-18-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrisra (Post 9279951)
I fly a beam cruiser.

I couldn't get past that part. Your fleetmate has a unique opportunity in May to switch to a Mogai or a Bird of Prey. They should strongly consider it and play the game with far more tactical advantages. At least that or get a JHAS.

slightlyjaded1 04-19-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snoggymack22 (Post 9288351)
I couldn't get past that part. Your fleetmate has a unique opportunity in May to switch to a Mogai or a Bird of Prey. They should strongly consider it and play the game with far more tactical advantages. At least that or get a JHAS.

I'm the fleetmate with no posting privileges. I actually have a JHAS I use it occasionally, but but my "beam cruiser is a JH dreadnaught. When flying fleet missions my priority is to attract as much damage as possible freeing up our DPS veterans to do what they do best. If I fly a Pug I rank top 3 for DPS every time even with my beam cruiser. Yes the JHAS is a nice toy, but I'm a team player, and enjoy the role I play.

I'm also a recent enrollment having only joined the game a few weeks ago. I'm enjoying figuring out the game, and the quirks. I'm sure the JHAS I've got will get a workout in future, but for now I'm enjoying what I've got.

As allways enjoying the game

Malice

carrisra 04-20-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slightlyjaded1 (Post 9333481)
I'm the fleetmate with no posting privileges. I actually have a JHAS I use it occasionally, but but my "beam cruiser is a JH dreadnaught. When flying fleet missions my priority is to attract as much damage as possible freeing up our DPS veterans to do what they do best. If I fly a Pug I rank top 3 for DPS every time even with my beam cruiser. Yes the JHAS is a nice toy, but I'm a team player, and enjoy the role I play.

I'm also a recent enrollment having only joined the game a few weeks ago. I'm enjoying figuring out the game, and the quirks. I'm sure the JHAS I've got will get a workout in future, but for now I'm enjoying what I've got.

As allways enjoying the game

Malice

and a very welcome member of our fleet Malice :D

snoggymack22 04-20-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slightlyjaded1 (Post 9333481)
I'm the fleetmate with no posting privileges. I actually have a JHAS I use it occasionally, but but my "beam cruiser is a JH dreadnaught. When flying fleet missions my priority is to attract as much damage as possible freeing up our DPS veterans to do what they do best. If I fly a Pug I rank top 3 for DPS every time even with my beam cruiser. Yes the JHAS is a nice toy, but I'm a team player, and enjoy the role I play.

I'm also a recent enrollment having only joined the game a few weeks ago. I'm enjoying figuring out the game, and the quirks. I'm sure the JHAS I've got will get a workout in future, but for now I'm enjoying what I've got.

As allways enjoying the game

Malice

Wait you have a JHAS and you're not a "DPS Veteran"?

Why not?

slightlyjaded1 04-20-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snoggymack22 (Post 9341231)
Wait you have a JHAS and you're not a "DPS Veteran"?

Why not?

Started playing recently, and

A) don't have the equipment to really use it and

B) don't have the experience to use it properly.

I'll get there eventually.

Malice


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:56 AM.