Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Official Romulan Ship and Singularity Mechanic Feedback Thread (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=624851)

salamiinferno 04-18-2013 04:17 PM

Official Romulan Ship and Singularity Mechanic Feedback Thread

This thread is for any feedback regarding Romulan ships and the Singularity Mechanic. Feel free to comment on turn rate, speed, power levels, boff layouts, the singularity mechanic, singularity powers, ship comparisons, anything related to these ships!

This content is only available to players in the Legacy of Romulus Closed beta.

captiancopps 04-18-2013 04:51 PM

Edit: Wrong thread
Whoops, wrong thread.

squishkin 04-18-2013 05:08 PM

I feel like at least the singularity mechanic is poorly explained. There's a little tooltip that says something like "fighting enemy ships causes a power up in your singularity", but I've not noticed that to be the case, and I'm not entirely sure what result it would have even if it did occur. I do occasionally click the button and get the energy wave, though, which is about as far as it goes.

On a totally unrelated note, the D'Deridex cruiser in the ship purchase screen has a turn rate of two. :P

cynder2012 04-18-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squishkin (Post 9294001)
On a totally unrelated note, the D'Deridex cruiser in the ship purchase screen has a turn rate of two. :P

TOO SLOW -_- should be base of 8+ to match NPC versions lol...its not a freaking carrier haha

stirling191 04-18-2013 05:37 PM

Is the T'liss supposed to have a -10 to shields and aux, and a -5 to engine power?

antep01 04-18-2013 05:38 PM

Errmm is that wrong the T5 Deridex Refit got a Turnrate of 2??

archoncryptic 04-18-2013 06:26 PM

To answer a couple questions:

-The D'deridex has a base turn rate of 5.5, which is still low, but comparable to the Bortas. I'll check into why it might be displaying so low on the store. Some of the D'deridex's Singularity abilities can help to compensate for the low turn rate, and there will be more details coming on that (as well as the Refit and Retrofit versions of the D'deridex) soon.

-The lower power levels for Warbirds are intentional. Warbirds currently start with a base of 40 power to all subsystems, plus a ship-specific bonus (in the case of the T'liss, +5 Engines and +10 Weapon Power). This is to help counterbalance the power of the Singularity abilities that these ships have access to. We are still iterating on this and welcome player feedback. There are blogs coming to describe some of this further.

squishkin 04-18-2013 06:34 PM

I'm not sure if this rightly goes here, but any time I get a new Romulan BOFF, all my other ones suddenly get dropped from their previous assignments. Very annoying.

archoncryptic 04-18-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squishkin (Post 9296241)
I'm not sure if this rightly goes here, but any time I get a new Romulan BOFF, all my other ones suddenly get dropped from their previous assignments. Very annoying.

That sounds like you might be experiencing a bug. I would recommend reporting it here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/fo...play.php?f=229

bareel 04-18-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archoncryptic (Post 9296061)
To answer a couple questions:

-The D'deridex has a base turn rate of 5.5, which is still low, but comparable to the Bortas. I'll check into why it might be displaying so low on the store. Some of the D'deridex's Singularity abilities can help to compensate for the low turn rate, and there will be more details coming on that (as well as the Refit and Retrofit versions of the D'deridex) soon.

-The lower power levels for Warbirds are intentional. Warbirds currently start with a base of 40 power to all subsystems, plus a ship-specific bonus (in the case of the T'liss, +5 Engines and +10 Weapon Power). This is to help counterbalance the power of the Singularity abilities that these ships have access to. We are still iterating on this and welcome player feedback. There are blogs coming to describe some of this further.

Ships with turn rates below 7 or 9 really are simply not fun to fly. I urge you to reconsider basing the design of a ship as highly desired and anticipated as the D'deridex on the recent KDF ship release that did not sell very well.

Or the Galaxy that is constantly complained about, and rightfully so, as far as boff arrangements are concerned.