Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   PLEASE put packs on C-Store (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=627911)

otakuboyt 04-19-2013 12:07 PM

PLEASE put packs on C-Store

I really would like to buy the Legacy pack. I have more than enough in Zen.

P-p-p-pleeeeeeeeeeeease! :D

I just personally can't justify $130 right now when I'm saving up to buy equipment for my business. Right now if it's not edible or a tax-write off I can't spend the money on it. :(

Thanks

magusofborg 04-19-2013 01:01 PM

The point of the packs is to bring in some cold hard cash for Cryptic, there's too many ways to earn Zen without paying a dime.

askray 04-19-2013 01:38 PM

Assuming I'm reading right, the ships will at least be in the c-store for purchase.

reginamala78 04-19-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magusofborg (Post 9319451)
The point of the packs is to bring in some cold hard cash for Cryptic, there's too many ways to earn Zen without paying a dime.

True, but it also means that people who bought Zen during the last sale, stockpiling ahead in anticipation, are punished for planning ahead.

projectfrontier 04-19-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magusofborg (Post 9319451)

Since all Zen in game was purchased with real money and the only way to trade it is through the "Dilithium exchange" (which Cryptic does not seed) the only thing in your statement that seems true is that Cryptic is trying to bleed a dead horse before killing it.

flash525 04-19-2013 02:50 PM

I actually think it's quite smart for Cryptic to sell these packs as they are. Everything (well, nearly everything) that's being sold will be available at a non-discounted price at LoR launch anyway, so anyone who has stockpiled Zen in anticipation will be able to buy what they want with the release.

The advantage to the packs is that a) You're getting a discount, and b) You're getting a couple of titles (and some master keys) out of it. Nobody is really losing out. I would think though that eventually, these packs will find their way to the zen store, though I'd expect them to work out somewhat more expensive.

pyryck 04-19-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reginamala78 (Post 9321221)
True, but it also means that people who bought Zen during the last sale, stockpiling ahead in anticipation, are punished for planning ahead.

No they are NOT being punished. They will have the Zen to buy the Romulan ships from the C-Store when the expansion goes live and they can even wait on a future ship sale to purchase the ships they want at a discount.

And if you want to go just one step a tad bit further, the items listed in this pack are not currently added INTO the live game so they can NOT be listed in the C-store until the expansion is live.

magusofborg 04-20-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by projectfrontier (Post 9321371)
Since all Zen in game was purchased with real money

Um, no. You can earn dilithium in game, then trade dilithium for zen.

So please, do your research before making a post next time ok?
The new reply button is not a toy ;)

bareel 04-20-2013 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magusofborg (Post 9336311)
Um, no. You can earn dilithium in game, then trade dilithium for zen.

So please, do your research before making a post next time ok?
The new reply button is not a toy ;)

And just where do you think that 'zen' you traded your dilithium came from? O that's right, someone paid cold hard cash for it at some point.

magusofborg 04-20-2013 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bareel (Post 9336601)
And just where do you think that 'zen' you traded your dilithium came from? O that's right, someone paid cold hard cash for it at some point.

Not necessarily, zen can also be acquired through "free offers" or monthly stipends :)