Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Derelict mission, introduce Remodulation (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=631301)

aexrael 04-20-2013 02:29 PM

Derelict mission, introduce Remodulation

During the Derelict mission aboard the borg cube, it would be a good opportunity to introduce the player to the use of the Remodulator. It is a disconnect that these earlier borgs do not adapt versus borgs introduced later in the game.

Keep gameplay consistent throughout the game, makes it easier for everyone involved, especially new(bie) players.

neoakiraii 04-20-2013 02:40 PM

Why it's not going to matter never has never will.

epsilonia 04-20-2013 03:01 PM

The moment I boarded a Borg cube, I opened my inventory, threw remodulators onto my boffs and myself, and then... nothing. No need for them. Was surprised, to say the least, but if these Borg are the same as the Khitomer Crisis-style Borg, then it makes sense to not need to remodulate.

commanderkassy 04-20-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aexrael (Post 9346831)
During the Derelict mission aboard the borg cube, it would be a good opportunity to introduce the player to the use of the Remodulator. It is a disconnect that these earlier borgs do not adapt versus borgs introduced later in the game.

Keep gameplay consistent throughout the game, makes it easier for everyone involved, especially new(bie) players.

I agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by epsilonia (Post 9347631)
The moment I boarded a Borg cube, I opened my inventory, threw remodulators onto my boffs and myself, and then... nothing. No need for them. Was surprised, to say the least, but if these Borg are the same as the Khitomer Crisis-style Borg, then it makes sense to not need to remodulate.

I did the same thing. Not needing to remodulate was a disconnect.

amosov78 04-20-2013 03:11 PM

I go the impression that they were implying that the centre of the Borg cube being "cut out" was the reason for the lack of Borg adaptation. However, from the shows this wouldn't have be the case, as the shields are an inherent part of the individual Borg drones even when they're not connected to the Collective, as seen on Voyager.

azurianstar 04-20-2013 03:12 PM

Yeah, was odd thinking you need Remodulators and don't. Will throw off new players later on going "why don't they get hurt".

BTW, wonder why they are using New Borg? Thought this was supposed to take place before Vega, which is when the New Borg supposed to start appearing?

abaddon653 04-20-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amosov78 (Post 9347791)
I go the impression that they were implying that the centre of the Borg cube being "cut out" was the reason for the lack of Borg adaptation. However, from the shows this wouldn't have be the case, as the shields are an inherent part of the individual Borg drones even when they're not connected to the Collective, as seen on Voyager.

You know I never really got that, why did they disconnect Seven's shield, wouldn't it have been better to keep it operational? I mean yeah okay I get how if she could never get hurt by enemy small arms fire it would loose some of the drama but still....

assimilatedktar 04-20-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azurianstar (Post 9347801)
Yeah, was odd thinking you need Remodulators and don't. Will throw off new players later on going "why don't they get hurt".

BTW, wonder why they are using New Borg? Thought this was supposed to take place before Vega, which is when the New Borg supposed to start appearing?

The tutorial starts 2 weeks before Vega. Since it mentions several days passing between the Suliban Helix and getting Hiven on Gasko? station the cube mission should happen after Vega, so those are probably Fed tutorial Borg that got away. And it won't throw off new players. They will learn how to use remodulators at the exactly same time as Feds and KDF.

f2pdrakron 04-20-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amosov78 (Post 9347791)
However, from the shows this wouldn't have be the case, as the shields are an inherent part of the individual Borg drones even when they're not connected to the Collective, as seen on Voyager.

Why it would not be the case?

Voyager is full of bull**** and you dont want to bring that up or I will bring up Borg ships had no shields and how Transphasic Torpedoes should be oneshooting then because that was on Voyager right?

Adaptation comes from the Collective analyzing the frequency and adapting the personal shields to block it but a Drone is NOT the Collective, the Vinculum was gone meaning they just working on auto pilot anyway and so lack the ability to adapt.

reximuz 04-20-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azurianstar (Post 9347801)

It starts before Vega, however, by time you are in the Borg mission you have already found New Romulus, which is well after Vega.