Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   PLEASE fix the Dread. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=631421)

lordeodprime 04-20-2013 03:05 PM

PLEASE fix the Dread.

I'll let everyone else give the reasons this badly neglected ship needs another look...

With the Venture Class refit, this is a $50 plus ship by itself and yet it is rarely seen anywhere that survival matters because it is horrible.

Please Cryptic, PLEASE fix the "Dreadnaught".

marc8219 04-20-2013 03:23 PM

This ship could really use a fleet version with more tac abilities and extra tac console. Also the lance accuracy needs to be fixed and cooldown lowered.

I think the boff layout should be:

Lt Cmdr Tac

Cmdr Eng
Lt Eng

Lt sci

ensign universal

or

Lt Cmdr Tac
Lt Tac

Cmdr Eng

Lt Sci

enign universal

I doubt they will do it but the turn should also be increased by at least 1 or 2, maybe increase a few other Fed cruisers turn also to be fair.

neo1nx 04-20-2013 03:42 PM

welcome to the fight!! my friends.

sjokruhlica 04-20-2013 04:24 PM

The purpose of the Galaxy-X was to separate you from your money. It functioned as intended.

thecosmic1 04-20-2013 06:19 PM

I got my Galaxy X for free - as did many players on the forum.

I purchased the Venture Pack to use with my T4 and T5 Galaxy ships - the original Pack skin wasn't even supposed to work with the Galaxy X. It's just something Logan did in his spare time. As such it doesn't really count to the cost of a Galaxy X.

bluegeek 04-22-2013 03:34 PM

Thread moved to Federation Shipyards

neo1nx 04-23-2013 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjokruhlica (Post 9349181)
The purpose of the Galaxy-X was to separate you from your money. It functioned as intended.

all that you hold is a concern that you remember.
and the galaxy class is to take away all our concerns:)

pray with me my brothers!

captainobvious09 04-23-2013 09:04 AM

Cant fix the Dread, its a Galaxy, and Cryptic hates Galaxy and galaxy fan boys!!!

:P

Besides this is not Star Trek Online anymore, its Star Tac Online.

warpedcore 04-23-2013 09:40 AM

I'm not sure how the Galaxy-X needs an update. Don't get me wrong, a fleet version would be nice. But it's still a viable and effective platform, provided it's outfitted properly.

shar487a 04-23-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpedcore (Post 9405611)
I'm not sure how the Galaxy-X needs an update. Don't get me wrong, a fleet version would be nice. But it's still a viable and effective platform, provided it's outfitted properly.

Let's see...

-turn rate reduction system -- check!
-phaser lance divergent-aim targeting system- check!
-phaser lance energy damage bypass -- check!
-phaser lance hollow exterior facade -- check!
-engineering bridge officer ensign stations -- check!
-holographic emitters to convince players that this the ship is a Galaxy Dreadnought -- check!

Yep, everything looks fine... >_<