Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   60 OMEGA marks always now ? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=633171)

earwigvr6 04-21-2013 10:57 AM

60 OMEGA marks always now ?

So 3-4 days ago I transferred about 3.5k of OMEGA marks into Dilithium as I had no real need for them.

However ever since I have done that whenever I do any STF I only seem to get 60 Marks maximum. I have done dozens since I swapped the marks and have never seen anything above 60.

I would regularly get 100+ before and can only put it down to the swap that I did... ?

I know it's randomly selected who gets what and not based on skill but it's kinda annoying to be stuck getting these low marks every time. Kind aunfair as I could really use the extra Dilithium I create from them.

deyvad 04-21-2013 11:05 AM

Are you playing elite or normal?
Are you playing during the bonus hour event or not?

originpi 04-21-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earwigvr6 (Post 9364141)
I know it's randomly selected who gets what and not based on skill but it's kinda annoying to be stuck getting these low marks every time. Kind aunfair as I could really use the extra Dilithium I create from them.

As far as I know, there is no pool or anything. The drops from STFs are per person and follow a relatively simple formula:

Space Elite:

960 Dilithium
60 Omega Marks base with a random chance for 15 or 30 extra marks.
1 BNP base with a random chance for 5 or 10 extra BNPs.
Chance for 1 random Mk XI or XII very rare item.

*Completing the optional gives you 15 marks.

Ground Elites get 1.5x the marks, but otherwise the same.

If you regularly got 100+ before, you were either doing ground or just getting lucky on the 90 marks.

Before anyone points out that 90 is not the cap: Hey, I did infected and got 100+ right away! Because the optional in infected finishes at the same time as the match, you can get 105 at the end.

earwigvr6 04-22-2013 06:29 AM

I always do Elite, nothing else. Always space combat to, very rarely ground as I find it to clunky and die to often :D

I am going to do some more now and see what happens. I think the 100+ was including the bonus for the objective, so maybe I was just getting lucky. It seemed that for every 5 games I played I would get the large pool of Marks from at least 3 of them.

ursusmorologus 04-22-2013 07:14 AM

I got 100 marks on ISE yesterday

naevius 04-22-2013 08:21 AM

Also, when the reputation event is running you get a bonus. I believe the ISE max is 115.

aspartan1 04-22-2013 09:04 AM

Oddly, I converted over 500 Borg Nano and afterwards no matter how many STFs - I usually do 5 to 10 a day, I've done in the past three weeks I've got one processor every time except for twice. Before I used to regularly get six and sometimes eleven. I find it interesting that someone else notices a similar occurrence...

bluedarky 04-22-2013 09:13 AM

Random Number Generator is Random.

snakeswar2 04-22-2013 10:14 AM

on the omega marks u most liklu been doing the stfs during the rep mark hour cryptic has up twice a day before u did the conversion and now when u do stfs u not getting the optional, not in the rep mark hour, and with mostly noobs

ussberlin 04-22-2013 10:20 AM

last weeks as i played STFs Missions i think players were many times worser and so we lost optional many times ...