Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Super Lag (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=63389)

Archived Post 01-15-2010 05:36 AM

Super Lag

I'm putting this up here because I'm not sure if this is more a problem on my side or the server.

On Away team missions I'm getting super lag, 4000+. This morning I log in and try and do the 2nd Tutorial ground mission, my ping goes up to 400,000. Yep you read that right, 400K. I'm getting no server disconnect msg. just super massive lag.

Some of the other posts seem to say that this might be an ISP problem. How can I check that? My brother on DSL can play the game with almost no lag during peak, I think his topped out at 200-400 range.
And I have Cox Broadband. It's not a graphics issue because I'm watching /netgraph and it shows this horrible lag.

Anyway any help/thoughts would be nice. I would love to get into the game and try and find other ways to break it. :D

Archived Post 01-15-2010 11:19 AM

Bumping this to the Top. Come on guys I know you can help.
You are my only hope...... (wait... wrong series)

SCOTTY!!! We need more power!

Archived Post 01-15-2010 11:28 AM

I had horrible lag yesterday evening as well. It made the game nearly impossible to play because my character would run and go around a corner then get reset back to just a few steps past where I had started. I use Comcast. I don't have this problem with LOTRO and I consistently get good pings and impressive bandwidth elsewhere.

Archived Post 01-15-2010 11:46 AM

Im not trying too be an ass but the funny thing i realized about this community is whenever someone like you or me posts our problem about massive lag no one responds, it is like were not worthy of anyone's help, i posted my message about massive lag about 2 or so days ago and haven't got a response yet. Kinda irks me when no one is willing too even post too say if they really have the same problem at the least, there all too busy enjoying there game without the problem were having, but that's enough of my rant lol, we can only hope that someone will at least give us an idea of what the problem might be, cause i doubt it is our isp's really, i mean every other game i play doesn't do that too me.

Only the STO beta gives me that kind of ping, and i can get my full dl speed on internet files and everything, so i personally think it is the STO server and some sort of bad connection too our isp's server side, cause there are even points where i can get good ping in one map sector, then when i warp too another sector it shoots up ultra high just because there are other players in the area, then i absolutely cant do anything, kinda akes me wonder if it has something too do with being in areas where are players are highly active in all instances.

Archived Post 01-15-2010 11:49 AM

I had bad lag last night (Rubber Banding all over) Then I went into teh options for the STO launcher and changed the Proxy from None to EU (I live in Canada but it still worked) After that NO Rubber banding at all. Give it a try.

Archived Post 01-15-2010 11:53 AM

Well if it worked for you we can give it a try maybe it will work out for us, thanks for the reply :P.

Archived Post 01-15-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-unDying
Well if it worked for you we can give it a try maybe it will work out for us, thanks for the reply :P.

Let me know if it works for you too. It worked for me and one other on the forums here so far.

Archived Post 01-15-2010 12:18 PM

It actualy seems too have worked for me, i as in outskirts vega system fighting against borg cubs with alot of other players without any lag, the first few times i logged in into that system i couldnt play at all due too lag, now i was able too although the login server got disconnected so they might be doing mantinence on the server or something :P, but so far it looks like it will work hehe, thanks for the suggestion i ahve being trying too find a solution too the lag problem ever since the beta started.

Archived Post 01-15-2010 12:26 PM

Thank you very much for the info.
Will have to try and see if it works for me as well when I get home from Work.

Maybe wayyyyyy to many people are playing on the NA servers. (Hope they beef them up before launch)

It would be nice if a Dev where to post somewhere what the peak log ins have been so far.

Archived Post 01-15-2010 12:50 PM

The servers are still up but when i try to load into my character into the Sol system, it just hangs there not wanting too load in, so im not sure if it because the sol system has too many player in it too properly load in or if it is my character glitched out or something, i will keep trying too see if i can get in and if it still works without lag or not.