Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Mind Game (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=639061)

tyler002 04-24-2013 04:02 PM

Mind Game
 
The mission Mind Game has a variety of Good/Bad choices throughout... do they have any effect or are they just cosmetic?

assimilatedktar 04-24-2013 04:06 PM

No discernible effect except on how you want to play your character. It also raises interesting moral questions if green is really always good.

lostusthorn 04-24-2013 04:42 PM

the only effect outside of a RP effect we know so far is that green choices make the mission last longer since you end up doing what the red choice wants you to do anyway.

mimey2 04-24-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by assimilatedktar (Post 9438041)
No discernible effect except on how you want to play your character. It also raises interesting moral questions if green is really always good.

Good point. Hence why it is called 'Mind Game' in the first place.

kwiat007 04-24-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler002 (Post 9437981)
The mission Mind Game has a variety of Good/Bad choices throughout... do they have any effect or are they just cosmetic?

GOOD options are in RED. BAD options are in GREEN. Killing terrorists and traitors is GOOD, trying to help them is BAD. Why are so many people confused by this mission? Don't you have a "moral compass"? What is wrong with you people???

sorceror01 04-24-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwiat007 (Post 9440441)
GOOD options are in RED. BAD options are in GREEN. Killing terrorists and traitors is GOOD, trying to help them is BAD. Why are so many people confused by this mission? Don't you have a "moral compass"? What is wrong with you people???

Wow, don't know if troll, or just incredibly abrasive.

Besides, in the context of the mission, you don't even know if the people you are experimenting on are part of the Romulan Republic or not. They're just "people the Tal Shiar kidnapped". And even in TV Trek history, the Tal Shiar showed a willingness to kidnap and torture even law abiding citizens of the Empire if it suited their whims.
You could be man-handling anyone from someone slumming it on a far away farming colony, or a middle-class citizen of Rator III.

Anyways, in the context of this mission, Good Choices are most definitely coded to Green, while Bad Choices are likewise associated with Red.

It'd be neat if we got a Perk or a Title or even a new Passive depending on whatever combination or tally of choices we made during that part of the mission.

malakhglitch 04-24-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorceror01 (Post 9440741)
Wow, don't know if troll, or just incredibly abrasive.

Please don't mind him. Kwiat007 is Tal Shiar operative who is infiltrating the Romulan Republic. He just gets out of character once in a while. Which makes one wonder why D'Tan hasn't captured him yet. :D

garakfan84 04-24-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorceror01 (Post 9440741)
It'd be neat if we got a Perk or a Title or even a new Passive depending on whatever combination or tally of choices we made during that part of the mission.

I agree! I think this should totally be considered :)

On another note, I also liked the fact that you could choose a way to approach Hakeev when back in space and that choice either gave you a Defence or Offence bonus :)

abaddon653 04-24-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorceror01 (Post 9440741)
Wow, don't know if troll, or just incredibly abrasive.

Neither, he is just a loyal member of the TRUE Romulan Star Empire.....not those traitors following that Vulcan lover D'Tan.

kwiat007 04-24-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malakhglitch (Post 9440961)
Please don't mind him. Kwiat007 is Tal Shiar operative who is infiltrating the Romulan Republic. He just gets out of character once in a while. Which makes one wonder why D'Tan hasn't captured him yet. :D

I'm trying to steer some of you back to the right path. Why can't you see that D'Tn is the doom of Romulan people?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abaddon653 (Post 9441301)
Neither, he is just a loyal member of the TRUE Romulan Star Empire.....not those traitors following that Vulcan lover D'Tan.

Long live the Romulan Empire!!!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:12 AM.