Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Disruptors are broke (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=639211)

papablood 04-24-2013 04:56 PM

Disruptors are broke

1 disruptor turret took my defense from 24.1 to 2.9 with its proc... its proc says -12.5..... thats with a test I just ran... others in my fleet have had as much as a -40with the proc... So there is something deffinently wrong with the proc on disruptors... I had 1 person shoot me with 1 turret till it proc'd so nobody can claim that it was a stack which I'm not even sure a disruptor proc can stack ... but some ppl in OPVP yesterday said that it did and thats why the high number of -40

seansamurai1 04-24-2013 05:43 PM

To be honest, Ive seen some weird stuff with disruptors.
Met a guy today who had some ridiculous resist strip with his.
Using XI Acc x2 I think (Might have been acc3 though) and he was even with a tac team, shield buff with elite fleet shields was tearing through them like Id installed Captain level shields, just totally ignored everything.
He was using an Andorian ship so theres the possibility of a 5th console with the 5th weapon slot, but he had too many shield buffs to be the tac version. Even off the Alpha my shields were just wilting.

bitemepwe 04-24-2013 05:59 PM

Damnit! Disruptors? All or just the high end elites? <bangs ridged head on desk>

Could it be a combination effect of the normal proc being buffed somehow by a passive or somesuch?

I guess all weapon proc need a keeping the eye on now to see what else may be busted.

papablood 04-24-2013 06:03 PM

yeah I know what you mean ... I am not used to being vaporized myself so when it happens I question why... Which is what led to the testing... I had a bug never got thru my shields but vaporized my hull and he was running disruptor dual heavy's and disruptor turrets no mines or torpedoes but his alpha in combo with DEM would just obliterate my hull even with all my buffs running which led me to question why ...

papablood 04-24-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitemepwe (Post 9440881)
Damnit! Disruptors? All or just the high end elites? <bangs ridged head on desk>

Could it be a combination effect of the normal proc being buffed somehow by a passive or somesuch?

I guess all weapon proc need a keeping the eye on now to see what else may be busted.

My fed fleet been running multiple tests and its all disruptors not just the high end ones

seansamurai1 04-24-2013 06:08 PM

Not sure tbh, the guy with the hellish proc on me was using XI purple disruptors.
It was as if all my resistances had been switched off along with tac team and shield buffs.
There was no sci nearby either, we were very much away from the pack.

Yes, its not just me thats been on the receiving end and ever unexplained 100% shield pass through malarky.

Do you sometimes find as well, not all the time but certain opponents seem to make your ship go on a go slow?
By that I mean everything is slow to respond, tac team doesnt, shield buffs dont seem to really do anything at all?

dontdrunkimshoot 04-24-2013 06:08 PM

i discovered this a wile back. disruptors deal a -12 to armor proc for all damage types, and apply 12 more on top for disruptor damage. esesntual it double procs for its own damage type. not sure if its intentional or a bug, but it makes disruptors go for from a meh energy type to one powerful enough that you would want it on any build that can punch through shields and hit hull. -40? i dont think so. not unless tac buffs buff the proc or something.

bitemepwe 04-24-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papablood (Post 9440901)
yeah I know what you mean ... I am not used to being vaporized myself so when it happens I question why... Which is what led to the testing... I had a bug never got thru my shields but vaporized my hull and he was running disruptor dual heavy's and disruptor turrets no mines or torpedoes but his alpha in combo with DEM would just obliterate my hull even with all my buffs running which led me to question why ...

And thats when you noticed the discrepancy of the procs value?
I ask because the use of Disruptors with DEM is an old standby and I hate to see it ruoned by over reaction or poor "fixing" due to such.
Hopefully if checked it will only require a simple fix

papablood 04-24-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitemepwe (Post 9441091)
And thats when you noticed the discrepancy of the procs value?
I ask because the use of Disruptors with DEM is an old standby and I hate to see it ruoned by over reaction or poor "fixing" due to such.
Hopefully if checked it will only require a simple fix

No havent did any testing at all in combo with DEM... I only tested the proc on disruptors period ... but 2 ppl I know had a disruptor proc while testin that took resist from 32 to a - 8 which I didnt even know you could have a neg resist... I'm just saying that the bug that was vaporizing me thats the combo he was using... I dont think there is anything wrong with DEM in itself its just really lethal when your ship has a -8 in resist....

seansamurai1 04-24-2013 06:31 PM

The times its happened to me its literally 1 second, shields totally ignored and dead. Through buffs and a tac team, shields dont even waver, its just complete ignore, Ive only seen it happen with disruptors, or the other one which is the go in buffed, tac team up and next thing your shields are barely there at all after one quick burst from an enemy disruptor.