The Official 2nd "No BS" Tournament +++ Rules and Team Registration +++
Dear PVP community,
since the first No BS tournament was a success, Inner Circle hast decided to host a second round. One may also consider this tournament a farewell to Season 7. ;) Congratulations again to Team -X- for becoming the winner of the first tournament. The finals from the previous tournament can be seen here.
Special thanks goes to the teams who participated in that tourney and especially to the people who took it upon themselves to organise it. Job well done! :)
The most important thing is not to win but to take part! Please show that you are part of the PVP community and participate!
Contact me in-game (@ilhansk) or write down a note in this thread if you want to join.
We have decided to largely adopt the rules from the previous tournament:
01. Have fun - Most important
02. No siphon drones and Danube/Yellowstone pets (Not fun and skillfull)
03. No more than 3 of the same captains or ship types
04. No Boarding Parties (Broken)
05. No Dkora EMP burst (Broken)
06. No scramble sensors with the DOFFs (Without DOFFs no issue)
07. No Grav Pulse (AOE 50 second hold not fun)
08. Once you are in 1 team and have played, you cannot move to another
09. Temporal Inversion not allowed
Click here for the tournament match schedule!
- Each match will last 30 minutes or first team to achieve 15 kills wins.
- The team with the highest kills will be counted as victors if the match lasts 30 minutes.
- The semi finals and the finale will last 45 minutes or 15 kills.
Reward for the winner: Being famous! :D
Please put down your name / Fleet / Team in this thread and nothing else.
If you dont like the rules, please don't derail the thread.
If the tournament takes more than 4 hours to finish, the (semi-)finals will be held on a later date.
The tournament will be held on Saturday, 11th May 2013 - Time 17:00 UCT
- German Time: 19:00 Uhr
- British Time: 18 o'clock
- East Coast Time: 1 p.m.
- West Coast Time: 10 a.m.
The PVP Boot Camp TeamSpeak-Server will serve as a hub (special thanks to Pheo)
Use this link to calculate your local time.
Team registration will close if limit of 16 Teams have been reached!
Teams so far:
01. Team Inner Circle [Captain: @ilhansk]
02. Team Omega-Flotte [Captain: @thebigfuzzy]
03. Team 9th Fleet IDIC [Captain: @dummyname]
04. Team Lag-Industries [Captain: @Aquitaine985]
05. Team X [Captain: @nixtux]
06. Team Division Hispana [Captain: @mrkollins]
07. Team Sad Pandas [Captain: @hurleybird]
08. Team Apocalypse [Captain: @The.Brethren]
09. Team 1st Column [Captain: @jacknm1]
10. Team Alpha-Zero [Captain: @butt3rkeks]
11. Team Nova Core [Captain: @u.s.s.bloodmage]
12. Team UFP Squadron 47 [Captain: @queeg513]
13. Team Ad Infinitum Rockers [Captain: @hrmadman]
14. Team Ad Infinitum [Captain: @matija]
15. Team Temporal Incursion [Captain: @five-of-me]
16. Team ~Hero's Of The Eleventh Apocalypse~ [Captain: @livin]
Good Luck to all of you! :)
Please show that you are part of the PVP community and participate!
Sh'arorra (@dummyname) confirming for 9IDIC! :D
/GenSetEarlyOverrideFloat Hud_StatusSadPandaHealer(s)_Space_DeleteCharOnTarg et
Team NvC: Contact @u.s.s.bloodmage
Team UFP Squadron 47
No Eject Warp Plasma/Vent Theta Radiation, if you are going to make all these silly rules... Invisible gas clouds immobilizing your ship is BS.
Temporal inversion Field on a 3 minute cooldown at the cost of equiping a Garbage Blue Chroniton Beam Bank, and a Temporal disruption device.. and all for a 20 second movement debuff and a few extra seconds on your cooldowns, I do not see as BS.
Graviton pulse is also cleared easily by engineering team, but no one wants to play engineers, or has space on their bar around their TT and ST, so its considered BS? Anyone who fits that console Would be gimping themselves out of valuable space, if only people had ET.
Seems to me that select people of the few who play pvp have decided what the meta-game is based on the style they want to play, (Sci + tac)and call everything that doesent fit that meta game is 'BS'.
Edited to sound less whiney:
One Thing that may need attention:-
Eject Warp Plasma and Vent Theta Radiation should be also be considered for the banned list. Until Cryptics Cloud Graphics are updated/fixed, As I cannot see F all on my screen when people spam it.
I'm not a bad pilot but i cant avoid what i cant see, I'm not the only one experiecing this and ive seen people complaining about it in Opvp, these even multiple forum posts here in the pvp section. I'm not running this game on a low end system either:
CPU: core i7 5.0GHz OC
GPU: 2x 2gb Sapphire 7950's
I've tried low and high settings.
So these powers need considering for the banned list, I don't have a problem with EWP or VTR, if I could see it I could avoid unless I'm held in place purposely and they drop it on me or I'm chasing and they release it, thats skill and tactics, but invisible clouds = no fun.
Consider this a concern, not a moan and groan.
Parker@jacknm1 - 1st Column
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:20 PM.|