Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Exchange Refund (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=642581)

sangrine 04-27-2013 12:57 AM

Exchange Refund

I have been playing STO for approximately one month.
Lately, been doing some buying/selling on the exchange to earn EC to buy nice stuff for my character.

Occasionally, I buy something which is underpriced and resell it.
One hour ago, I made the most profitable trade, ever. Not once, but three times.

I purchased three 10-packs of master keys for the price of only one master key.

I assume the seller made a mistake.
Before you say it .... even though I buy underpriced items, I am always willing to give a refund if the sale is a mistake. So far, no one has ever contacted me to ask for a refund.

I feel bad that another player lost so much EC because he forgot a zero in the price or because he thought the price was per item. Must be a very painful lesson to learn.

Is it possible for me to contact the seller and ask him if he made a mistake and, if so, offer a refund? I earn a lot of EC from buying/selling on the exchange ... but selling 10 master keys for the price of one, to me, feels like robbery.

starkaos 04-27-2013 01:17 AM

It might be possible. Every time you sell something to someone through the exchange, you get a mail saying <character name>@<account name> bought <item> for <listed price>. I don't remember if it works for items you purchase.

sangrine 04-27-2013 01:24 AM

Email is sent to sellers but not to buyers.
Sellers can contact buyers.
But how do buyers contact sellers?

baudl 04-27-2013 01:40 AM

be sure to raise your EC cap before reselling the keys...
forget about it and go on...

doffingcomrade 04-27-2013 01:51 AM

You don't. If the seller didn't even care enough about the issue to TRY to ask, then they're yours. When I find a steal like that, I give them about half an hour to say something, then it's mine.

mrspam404 04-27-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doffingcomrade (Post 9490201)
You don't. If the seller didn't even care enough about the issue to TRY to ask, then they're yours. When I find a steal like that, I give them about half an hour to say something, then it's mine.

Most people wouldn't give 2 seconds, so I commend you. If someone makes a mistake its a mistake and they gotta live with it. I've done it a few times, never for that much money tho, I tend to be very careful on very large amounts.

:eek:

anazonda 04-27-2013 01:56 PM

A sale is a sale buddy.

You found a good deal, and you took it... Don't feel bad about that. If it was a mistake from the seller, then he should have payed more attention... And he does get a mail with your name when you buy something, so if they want to complain, they COULD send you a /tell...

Even if they did... A sale is a sale.

voyagerfan9751 04-27-2013 02:01 PM

There are enough safeties in place. Every time you put a stack for sale on the exchange, there is a prompt to ask how much you want of that item. I know from selling contraband on the exchange. which is actually pretty tedious when you are trying to sell one contraband in a stack of 250. But I will take it over the alternative.

That said, you got a deal. I commend you on wanting to "make it right" but it really isn't your responsibility.

karthannar 04-28-2013 05:26 AM

Quote:

You're a lot more forgiving than I am.

I damn well make sure stuff in the AH is going up for what I really want for it. I've lost a couple of items because of my screwups, I don't afford other people the same luxury.

tc10b 04-28-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Pah, if I did that and emailed you, would you really give me my stuff back in return for the money? I don't really think so. Remember that this is free market economics here, people lose EC, they suck it up and move on.