Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   How to get energy credits (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=645661)

trainmaster2000 04-29-2013 03:58 PM

How to get energy credits

I would like to know the best way to get energy credits.

thecosmic1 04-29-2013 04:19 PM

Replay older missions and sell the gear.
Play existing missions and sell the gear.
Do the Tour the Galaxy event.
Buy things in the C-Store with Zen and then sell them for Energy Credits. For example, Keys are selling for around 1.4 million ECs each.

tlamstrike 04-29-2013 04:58 PM

Replay "A Light in the Dark"> Get the Neutronium armor and sell it on the exchange.

bohiap 04-29-2013 05:00 PM

Rerun the breen featured episodes and get the breen space set. Do 2 or 3 foundry missions that are quick combat missions. If you've got a collection of rare commodities buy Strangle Alien Artifacts, do the science doff mission and sell the Powered Alien Artifact.

Use Dilithium to buy zen. Use zen to buy fleet modules or keys. Sell them one the exchange. I would actually sell keys. They will practically sell before you post them.

Laugh hysterically at the irony of making EC in a game about a society that doesn't use money. :rolleyes:

sjamesh 04-29-2013 05:32 PM

I get most of mine from the tour the galaxy event.

trhrangerxml 04-29-2013 05:57 PM

Some guides out there on how to monetize tours really nice and efficiently, quickest routes for most runs in the hour.

farmallm 04-29-2013 07:04 PM

I get mine from doing missions over and over. And sell all the loot you can get. I'm either farming Dil in the Deferi sector or doing the Romulan Rep. Each one gives you decent loot. To sell.

astro2244 04-29-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bohiap (Post 9536721)
Rerun the breen featured episodes and get the breen space set. Do 2 or 3 foundry missions that are quick combat missions. If you've got a collection of rare commodities buy Strangle Alien Artifacts, do the science doff mission and sell the Powered Alien Artifact.

Use Dilithium to buy zen. Use zen to buy fleet modules or keys. Sell them one the exchange. I would actually sell keys. They will practically sell before you post them.

Laugh hysterically at the irony of making EC in a game about a society that doesn't use money. :rolleyes:

Ya know what. I've never tried to strangle artifacts before, now I can make ec's and take over the galaxy :P

(lol couldn't resist)

satanailofhwbg 04-30-2013 12:06 AM

DOFFing and SFTs. Yesterday alone for a total worth of 1.5 mil. If I'm active, I get around 1 mil EC per week only from commodities, the alien artifacts are a bonus. On a regular run of the space STFs I get around 150-200k per round (CSE-ISE-KASE). If there is a good drop - for example Purple Disruptor beam with ACCx2 CrtD- that's additional 900k.

The reality is that you need to find your own way.

doffingcomrade 04-30-2013 10:19 PM

For merely 10M EC, I will sell you the secret of how I can earn 10M EC in about 30 seconds!